E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza M5 Tech bumper PDC fitment

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 01:51 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545iA
Default Umnitza M5 Tech bumper PDC fitment

I ordered an M5 tech bumper from these guys for my 545i and needed the 24mm PDC holes and I received the bumper with 18mm PDC holes. It's been a long process so far and long story short is that I ordered the 18mm PDC sensors from them but these don't fit into the PDC holders of the new bumper I got from them. Am I supposed to remove the holders to make the 18mm sensors fit?

I figured I would ask on here and see if anyone has an answer. I received the new sensors and then I called them and they're closed and I'm losing my mind on this and sick of spending money on it to make it work.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:29 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi w m5 tech kit, 2007 Mercedes e63 AMG, 2005 ford expedition

Dam brother. I would of asked for a exchange. I jus Ordered mine last week and after I realized that they never asked me the size of my of my pdc. I quickly called them and told them I need the 24 not the dime size one. So if I receive the small pdc Needless to Say I'm going to b livid! And I took a gamble on gettihg it pre painted. Time will tell Good luck brother. Keep us posted.

Last edited by Bigjule111; 07-13-2014 at 04:14 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:30 PM
New Members

I'm starting to get a bit nervous
Old 07-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

When are these guys going to improve? This seems to be a common problem with them. Whether it has or doesn't have them they seem to frequently get it wrong. The sad part is they are going to expect you to fix it. You would think if they made the mistake, they would just SIMPLY send you a correct replacement bumper the following business day and a shipping label to return their bumper. But no, this would make too much sense.

I would think if they sent you a 18 mm pdc cutouts and you purchased 18mm sensors they would fit. Well that is unless they mounted 22 mm brackets in a 18 mm hole.

Can you tell why they are not fitting?
Old 07-12-2014, 05:50 PM
New Members

Tony u are on point. I do see a lot of these issues posted all over the forums. I'm going to stay optimistic. I'm very aware that most of the time people post the negative and skip the positive. I'm just Hopping they got it rite! Tim seem To b on point with my order. The sad thing is thst a fellow member was selling me a oem m5 front in my color but I chose to opt out due to it wasn't pdc. I didn't want to deal with any extra project with the bumper. Don't want any modification. JUst install. So if umnitza sends me the incorrect pdc bumper and expect we to clean up there mistake by taking time off my busy squedule paying more money for install Boy oh boy am I going to b hot! So I'm going to keep my cool and hope they did me rite! And for the op. I would ask for a complete return. Not rite for u to take on the added stress and inconvenience on there behalf

Last edited by Bigjule111; 07-13-2014 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:21 PM
New Members

To be more specific about the PDC fitment issue: The 18mm they sent fit into the cutout hole on the bumper (if I test fit them from the outside) but if it I try to fit them into the holder on the inside of the bumper they do not fit all the way up to the hole and don't mount in there correctly. It almost seems as if you are correct, tonyb, that they have the bigger sensor holders into the smaller bumper.

I've spoken to one very helpful person on the phone there who shipped me out the sensors immediately after I spoke to him and explained the issue and I received them in about 2 days. I was very excited and then decided to have the bumper painted which turned out great. Then my sensors arrived today and I tried to test fit them before contacting the paint shop on Monday and they don't fit into the holders.

Would love to hear back from umnitza about this issue. I emailed them earlier today and received a reply and I replied back and nothing since then. Hopefully hear back on Monday because this is turning out to be a huge pain in the ass. I think I should have just gone OEM and I could have reused my sensors and probably spent the same amount of money. Lesson learned I guess.

Anyone else ordering from them, good luck and triple check everything.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:50 PM
New Members

Sounds like a big pain. Hopefully it works out for u and me. Lol and let's see if there's any body shop gurus that can assist u.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:53 PM
New Members

By the way they're closed on sat and Sundays. Bit strange to close shop on Saturday
Old 07-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 550I BLK
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N62
Default mtech bumper comment about umnitza

I got the mtech front bumper from them pre painted. Well when I called several times they couldn't seem to tell me if the bumper was painted or shipped. When they finally shipped it. It was shipped to the wrong customer and I got his. But same day same state we were able to get our bumpers.. The paint job doesn't look like it was sprayed 3 times and maybe one coat of clear luckily it still matched my 2007 550i because of age... and I had to cut the pdc brackets off my oem bumper and glue them on the new one. Wish I would of asked first anyway they have good deals but they need to tighten up on their answers to the customers. It makes them seem unsure and thats scary for us.. but I'm going to take another chance and get the m5 rear bumper and the dynavin navi those are hot.. I also got the projector fogs from the.. nice..

Last edited by star69me; 07-13-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:22 PM
New Members

Wow, that sounds like a mess too. I'm really hoping this issue of mine gets resolved. I assume these new 18mm PDC sensors are supposed to fit but the holders are wrong. It's just been a really long process.

I just don't get how they can screw up that badly almost every time.

Quick Reply: Umnitza M5 Tech bumper PDC fitment