E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

UMNITZA ICE V2 - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Hi guys,

I've decided to start new Thread to talk about ONLY UMNITZA ICE V2.0 , the other AIB V3.0 has got too big and bit rough lately

Mine should be shipped this week, so I will try to install them following week and upload pics right away offcourse

Andy545 and few others already placed order too.

ICE V2.0 = $200 + $29 DRL Harness + free XENIX (Xenon look highbeam) + Free Shipping!
Old 07-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='443355' date='Jul 4 2007, 06:16 PM
Hi guys,

I've decided to start new Thread to talk about ONLY UMNITZA ICE V2.0 , the other AIB V3.0 has got too big and bit rough lately

Mine should be shipped this week, so I will try to install them following week and upload pics right away offcourse

Andy545 and few others already placed order too.

ICE V2.0 = $200 + $29 DRL Harness + free XENIX (Xenon look highbeam) + Free Shipping!

yeah, the value for money is getting better by the day !
Old 07-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by andy545' post='443403' date='Jul 4 2007, 02:16 PM
yeah, the value for money is getting better by the day !

I agree although the Custome AIB seem brighter and easier to install without any cutting of wires a plug and play application that thread got a little out of hand.

Hopefully Dave will release v3 this week

rj
Old 07-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='443413' date='Jul 4 2007, 02:59 PM
I agree although the Custome AIB seem brighter and easier to install without any cutting of wires a plug and play application that thread got a little out of hand.

rj
by the way are those umnitza v2 made in china, AIB makes them in the U.S. Beware of quality issues!
Old 07-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='443414' date='Jul 4 2007, 02:59 PM
by the way are those umnitza v2 made in china, AIB makes them in the U.S. Beware of quality issues!
LoL.. where u getting this info from? they didnt even release one and you already stating it is made in china?? All your responses seem to favor AIB w/o any reason.. did they send u V3 for 50% off or free, is that why?

Let ppl get ICE V2 then we decide where it is made of, how is the quality etc etc..
Old 07-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i

unless they're made in japan, made in the usa is no better than china.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

From what I understand, ICE v2 is PnP - no wire slicing !
Old 07-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='443413' date='Jul 4 2007, 12:59 PM

rj
Do you even bother reading anything I write or have you simply become a mouthpiece for the competition.

Your credibility, or lack thereof, as an "objective" and impartial "customer" on this is becoming more suspect by the day.

Let me eliminate any of your ill conceived and misguided opinions:

1: ICE version 2.0 does NOT HAVE ANY CUTTING OF WIRES. It's direct plug and play for EVERY car using ONLY one product. You do not have to BUY another one to go into another car, you can simply twist it out and plug it into another car. No splicing, nothing.
2: ICE allows you to do a DRL - if you don't want to use the ICE for a second car, the second set of connectors can be used for DRL wiring - the video of which will be made this weekend
3: Beware of Quality Issues? Get a grip on your bias dude. Our product is actually made in Taiwan, using Canadian LEDs, with wiring harnesses made in US. <-- NONE of this actually matters one bit as each one is made in an ISO9001 certified factory. Go get the ISO9001 certs from your favored (methinks free) product and see how far that gets you. I suppose having them MASS-PRODUCED in an ISO9001 certified factory is worse than having them made one by one in a garage in the USA.
4: Quality Issues? Are you kidding? Have you taken 5 minutes to do a web search on M5board or even here? We've not had to replace 1 unit in the 1000+ Predator ICE V1 units on the market. That's right, we've had to replace 0 <-- 0 due to failure by the product. We've replaced a TOTAL of 2 due to the customer pulling out the wires inadvertently, but once those wires were fixed, presto, product worked again. Meanwhile, the competitor has had to replace at least 10 by my last count of people with failing FM reception, error messages on the dash, and at least 3 cases of PDC isssues.

Now, since our fireworks locally stunk, I realize that I'm using my own fireworks, but I'll kindly ask RJ <-- if you have valid concerns, valid opinions, valid comments - voice them freely. If you attempt to discredit my product again, I'll make sure you know you are wrong just like I did above.

Let's talk VALUE for the money, I can't compete with products given to you FREE <-- which I can't fathom any other reason you would be so hyped on something and against something else without actually seeing it - but I sure can beat the REAL price unless the competitor simply wants to give his away to win customers...in which case, I'd run the other way because that only means that the store is closing and forget support. My product provides you 4 incredible values listed above without even mentioning price. Once price is mentioned, long term business viability, and customer support to HUNDREDS, a dealer network, and countless other reasons, it's a no brainer which product to choose.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='443567' date='Jul 5 2007, 01:08 AM
Do you even bother reading anything I write or have you simply become a mouthpiece for the competition.

Your credibility, or lack thereof, as an "objective" and impartial "customer" on this is becoming more suspect by the day.

Let me eliminate any of your ill conceived and misguided opinions:

1: ICE version 2.0 does NOT HAVE ANY CUTTING OF WIRES. It's direct plug and play for EVERY car using ONLY one product. You do not have to BUY another one to go into another car, you can simply twist it out and plug it into another car. No splicing, nothing.
2: ICE allows you to do a DRL - if you don't want to use the ICE for a second car, the second set of connectors can be used for DRL wiring - the video of which will be made this weekend
3: Beware of Quality Issues? Get a grip on your bias dude. Our product is actually made in Taiwan, using Canadian LEDs, with wiring harnesses made in US. <-- NONE of this actually matters one bit as each one is made in an ISO9001 certified factory. Go get the ISO9001 certs from your favored (methinks free) product and see how far that gets you. I suppose having them MASS-PRODUCED in an ISO9001 certified factory is worse than having them made one by one in a garage in the USA.
4: Quality Issues? Are you kidding? Have you taken 5 minutes to do a web search on M5board or even here? We've not had to replace 1 unit in the 1000+ Predator ICE V1 units on the market. That's right, we've had to replace 0 <-- 0 due to failure by the product. We've replaced a TOTAL of 2 due to the customer pulling out the wires inadvertently, but once those wires were fixed, presto, product worked again. Meanwhile, the competitor has had to replace at least 10 by my last count of people with failing FM reception, error messages on the dash, and at least 3 cases of PDC isssues.

Now, since our fireworks locally stunk, I realize that I'm using my own fireworks, but I'll kindly ask RJ <-- if you have valid concerns, valid opinions, valid comments - voice them freely. If you attempt to discredit my product again, I'll make sure you know you are wrong just like I did above.

Let's talk VALUE for the money, I can't compete with products given to you FREE <-- which I can't fathom any other reason you would be so hyped on something and against something else without actually seeing it - but I sure can beat the REAL price unless the competitor simply wants to give his away to win customers...in which case, I'd run the other way because that only means that the store is closing and forget support. My product provides you 4 incredible values listed above without even mentioning price. Once price is mentioned, long term business viability, and customer support to HUNDREDS, a dealer network, and countless other reasons, it's a no brainer which product to choose.

IN all honesty i was never for either one, i wanted to just take a look at which one would be the brightest but after reading all the verbal $%$% that transpired i thought i would join in with the crap just for kicks. I think ultimately they both look good , ive seen the ice v2 and thought it looked great as well. Either product will beat the ugly stock we have in our cars.

That, in reality is my true sentiment.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Senior Members

Now i regret buying the AIB V1 for 350$.

Quick Reply: UMNITZA ICE V2 - Arrived!! High Resol. Pics Posted!!