E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

This is what they pointed out in Umnizta when I inquired about some tests or dyno results of the quad exhaust they sell for the 530i.

They weren't able to explain what is what in the graph (there are three lines), and they even said all those results are with the quad exahust on, so there's no comparison to the baseline (stock exhaust). I just don't get what the dyno is for then. There's not even a description in their website of what this dyno is for, what car, what product, nothing. Again, they were not able to explain it other than saying that's for the product I inquired about.

All they kept telling me is that I should expect a 8-10 HP gain (after they said 15-20 and I told them it was impossible). Then my question was, based on what do you say I'll gain 8-10HP? even it if was 1HP, you gotta have something to prove your statement, and that graph doesn't prove anything to me.

I just don't understand how they expect someone to buy a product from them when they can't even explain and back up their answers.
Attached Thumbnails Umnitza Dyno results-dynoconditions.jpg  
Old 12-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

Anyway it seems there's not much knowledge or interest in this topic. They said they would call me tomorrow with more info, and that will determine whether I buy or not.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Regardless of what they tell you tomorrow, I wouldn't believe it. That graph shows 3 nearly identical lines and if they can;t even tell you which line is which the FIRST time than I wouldn't bother giving the a chance (like a day) to make something up. If you're looking for performance, go with RPI, if you're looking for quads period, go with Remus and be done with it. At least Remus can tell you what their dyno results mean.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Contributors

if they cant explain something about their own product then they werent there to test it or they dont really care enough to explain it to you, but what bothers me is they told you a 15-20hp gain and then when you questioned that it went down to 8-10hp gain

its not impossible that this exhaust is actually a good one or gets great gains, its just that for something they are trying to sell, they are assuming that we were going to buy it in the first place without any real proof of performance

id like umnitza to chime in here and explain the graph
Old 12-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1071777' date='Dec 10 2009, 09:41 PM
Regardless of what they tell you tomorrow, I wouldn't believe it. That graph shows 3 nearly identical lines and if they can;t even tell you which line is which the FIRST time than I wouldn't bother giving the a chance (like a day) to make something up. If you're looking for performance, go with RPI, if you're looking for quads period, go with Remus and be done with it. At least Remus can tell you what their dyno results mean.
Or I could just buy it, have it dyno tested and if it doesn't throw at least 5HP then return it and claim a full refund including shipping, as they claimed it would give me 8-10HP, so it wouldn't be the product they promised. I think they would be better off doing the right thing now and explaining their product instead of going to the hassle and cost of shipping and restocking.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by LeuS' post='1071784' date='Dec 10 2009, 06:49 PM
Or I could just buy it, have it dyno tested and if it doesn't throw at least 5HP then return it and claim a full refund including shipping, as they claimed it would give me 8-10HP, so it wouldn't be the product they promised. I think they would be better off doing the right thing now and explaining their product instead of going to the hassle and cost of shipping and restocking.

you really want to take that chance with them? What if you buy it and install it and then if its not what they told you and you try to return it they tell you that you cant return an installed part regardless

ive seen plenty of companies do this and im not saying umnitza would, im saying i wouldnt take that chance
Old 12-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Contributors

just get RPI, trinity has a special for $699 shipped and includes an Airscoop!

reg price is $799 plus shipping and the scoop is another $100 or so
Old 12-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by LeuS' post='1071739' date='Dec 10 2009, 08:32 PM
This is what they pointed out in Umnizta when I inquired about some tests or dyno results of the quad exhaust they sell for the 530i.

They weren't able to explain what is what in the graph (there are three lines), and they even said all those results are with the quad exahust on, so there's no comparison to the baseline (stock exhaust). I just don't get what the dyno is for then. There's not even a description in their website of what this dyno is for, what car, what product, nothing. Again, they were not able to explain it other than saying that's for the product I inquired about.

All they kept telling me is that I should expect a 8-10 HP gain (after they said 15-20 and I told them it was impossible). Then my question was, based on what do you say I'll gain 8-10HP? even it if was 1HP, you gotta have something to prove your statement, and that graph doesn't prove anything to me.

I just don't understand how they expect someone to buy a product from them when they can't even explain and back up their answers.
I think run 1 and 2 are the baseline (stock, looks like 185-190 WHP, as a 530i is stock), and run 3 (the blue line, almost 200~ WHP is the quad exhaust). While the quad looks to gain power at 110MPH+, notice the power decreases between 20-100MPH, lol.

Doesn't look good if my assumption is correct.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Ok, you would actually go through the hassle of buying this thing for whatever they're charging, get it dynoed (which usually cost what $200?) and then take the chance that they might not even take it back when it doesn't give the performance #'s they claim?
Honestly, if your're going to do that just send it to Eloy at RPI to test dbae1978, Nerweezy, and I can witness it and tell you truly if it gains anything at all. And if NYC530XI is correct then you just wasted $$$$$ because how often do you drive above 110 MPH?
Old 12-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NYC530XI' post='1071805' date='Dec 10 2009, 10:02 PM
I think run 1 and 2 are the baseline (stock, looks like 185-190 WHP, as a 530i is stock), and run 3 (the blue line, almost 200~ WHP is the quad exhaust). While the quad looks to gain power at 110MPH+, notice the power decreases between 20-100MPH, lol.

Doesn't look good if my assumption is correct.

mmm....yeah if you're correct it starts losing about 4-5HP at about 73mph, until 100MPH, and the only gain (only about 5-6HP) is at about 115MPH

you're right, doesn't look promising...

If I end up getting them I would make sure I have a written guarantee of at least not losing power, and if I can prove with a dyno test I actually do then a return with a full refund is agreed upon. Assuming they trust their product is good.

I would go with RPI, but I want the quad exhaust. I just thought Umnitza was a trusted vendor and their products were worthwhile. Don't mean to hurt their reputation but they didn't seem too solid the two times I called.

Quick Reply: Umnitza Dyno results