E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

The Truth Behind Quad Setups. Seperating Fact and Fiction.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doughboy540
http://www.sebringtuning.com/images/tips/9.JPG ok... so I want to order the tips that so cal and west have but have trouble figuring which tips they have and if theyre resonated or non-resonated thanx for the feed back!
The tips we put on my 550i are the non-resonated type. Single inlet dual outlet tips. They're not so flashy or big. Sorta normal looking.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:15 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 550i m sport lci

http://www.sebringtuning.com/images/tips/12.JPG oh ok so like the one described as #56?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by doughboy540
http://www.sebringtuning.com/images/tips/12.JPG oh ok so like the one described as #56?
yep
Old 08-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by west
West - Your car looks super clean without the rear badge
Old 08-05-2013, 07:51 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2009 BMW 535i under construction

Originally Posted by societymike
Diffuser is from eBay, but it came from Hong Kong. It was the only one I found at the time that didn't have tacky extra vents or shitty design. It wasn't expensive either, and the build quality is really nice actually. I've bought a ton of FRP and carbon aero parts over the years with all my drift cars and have seen horrible to great quality from these, this one is pretty well made. I don't care about the carbon part, I planned on painting it body color, but it's so low that you can't really tell it's not the body color as it's always in the shadow.

I'm pretty sure the piping is 2.25" as the quad tips in the back are a 2.25 inlet.
Do you know the seller you ordered the carbon fiber diffuser from?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Boost7
West - Your car looks super clean without the rear badge
Haha. Thanks man! Nobody ever notices that mod. It's one of my favorite mods too. Requires either filling in the divit for the badge or getting a CF trunk without the divit. Now if there was an easy way to fill in the M5 fender grills on the sides..that would be sweeeet.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:04 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-Sport

Just gonna go ahead and wake this thread to say that, like many others on this forum, I have to blame SoCale in particular for my obsession to convert my 550i over to the infamous "Magnaflow custom quad" LOL

Props to West and others (those rides are AWESOME), but SoCale's 545 is/was the basis for my quad conversion that is now underway. I was absolutely stuck on repeat with his short video of the car being driven in the parking lot. Everything on this 545, from that short vid to the great pics of the undercarriage, has forced me into clicking "buy it now" for my 550

A big Thanks to the other members that contributed their knowledge and own experiences in this particular mod for our non-quad E60's. I just cannot wait to hear my 550 when it is all done and I will have pics of the install to post, and a video will be taken when it is first fired up.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by cmcX2011
Just gonna go ahead and wake this thread to say that, like many others on this forum, I have to blame SoCale in particular for my obsession to convert my 550i over to the infamous "Magnaflow custom quad" LOL

Props to West and others (those rides are AWESOME), but SoCale's 545 is/was the basis for my quad conversion that is now underway. I was absolutely stuck on repeat with his short video of the car being driven in the parking lot. Everything on this 545, from that short vid to the great pics of the undercarriage, has forced me into clicking "buy it now" for my 550

A big Thanks to the other members that contributed their knowledge and own experiences in this particular mod for our non-quad E60's. I just cannot wait to hear my 550 when it is all done and I will have pics of the install to post, and a video will be taken when it is first fired up.
Ditto that! This thread inspired my set up and I have never regretted it since. Gotta love 5Series.net!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:28 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Sports Package

Damn...the biggest mistake was reading all 25 pages

~ Shar
Old 01-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Originally Posted by cmcX2011

Glad to hear this thread and my pics helped. I actually miss my 545i even though I picked up an E60 M5 as crazy as that sounds. Definitely post up some pics of the new ride and the exhaust when its all done!

Quick Reply: The Truth Behind Quad Setups. Seperating Fact and Fiction.