E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Transformation from OEM Summer Contis to Hankook Ventus V12 Evo Comple

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Well today my replacement of my OEM Summer Contis with the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo is now complete. Last fall, I put Hankooks on the rear but kept my OEM Conti fronts because they still had tread left. Well the FDR Drive -- the bane of my wheels' and tires' existence decided that my OEM front Contis had to go and a pothole on it bubbled one of the Contis a few weeks ago. So for the paltry sum of $340, I bought the Hankooks for the front and put them on today.

All I can say is WOW!! The Hankooks are a major step up from the Contis and are both quieter and much more responsive. They have a lot more traction than the Contis and with them on, the car sticks even more in the turns. I highly recommend them. Thanks FDR Drive potholes!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Well today my replacement of my OEM Summer Contis with the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo is now complete. Last fall, I put Hankooks on the rear but kept my OEM Conti fronts because they still had tread left. Well the FDR Drive -- the bane of my wheels' and tires' existence decided that my OEM front Contis had to go and a pothole on it bubbled one of the Contis a few weeks ago. So for the paltry sum of $340, I bought the Hankooks for the front and put them on today.

All I can say is WOW!! The Hankooks are a major step up from the Contis and are both quieter and much more responsive. They have a lot more traction than the Contis and with them on, the car sticks even more in the turns. I highly recommend them. Thanks FDR Drive potholes!
I avoid the FDR like the plague. West Side Highway or Lexington avenue only. Congrats on the new tires, glad you're enjoying them!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NYC530XI
I avoid the FDR like the plague. West Side Highway or Lexington avenue only. Congrats on the new tires, glad you're enjoying them!
I hear ya brother. Unfortunately for me, I can't avoid the FDR because I live on the east side of Manhattan and I need to use it to go to work downtown by the SI ferry area or to Staten Island where family lives. Every freaking year, the POS excusw of a road bends wheels and bubbles tires.

Oh and, of course, your murdered out 128s look fantastic.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

I hear ya brother. Unfortunately for me, I can't avoid the FDR because I live on the east side of Manhattan and I need to use it to go to work downtown by the SI ferry area or to Staten Island where family lives. Every freaking year, the POS excusw of a road bends wheels and bubbles tires.

Oh and, of course, your murdered out 128s look fantastic.
Sorry to hear you have no choice but to use that god-forsaken road.

Thanks for the compliment on the wheels, I'm loving them!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Nice. Does the price include install? Where did you purchase them from?
Old 05-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by theXman
Nice. Does the price include install? Where did you purchase them from?
Install is not included in that price. I got them from tirerack.com. $170 per tire for fronts and $185 for rears for the staggered 550i Sport setup.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Contributors

Install is not included in that price. I got them from tirerack.com. $170 per tire for fronts and $185 for rears for the staggered 550i Sport setup.
Thanks. That sounds reasonable. I need to start looking...if you recall, I have a bubble on my rear wheel.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Contributors

Thanks. That sounds reasonable. I need to start looking...if you recall, I have a bubble on my rear wheel.
You mean the bubble that I saw at the 2009 Bear Mountain meet? When I get a bubble I lose the tire ASAP because I am paranoid about a blowout.

The Hankooks are outstanding tires. Lots of respected members have them and like them. They are even on Dbae's highly modded M5 -- which puts out about as much power as any non SC/non stroker motor M5 in the US of A.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Contributors

Yes, that very same bubble you spotted a year ago. Thanks to you, really.

Well, I don't drive the car as much and as hard as you do. So, it's still ok... I hope. But the day for replacement will come soon.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Contributors

Yes, that very same bubble you spotted a year ago. Thanks to you, really.

Well, I don't drive the car as much and as hard as you do. So, it's still ok... I hope. But the day for replacement will come soon.
I'd ditch the tire. Replacement Hankook is only $170. Well worth the piece of mind. Be safe my friend.

Quick Reply: Transformation from OEM Summer Contis to Hankook Ventus V12 Evo Comple