E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Tint in the BAY.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Saphire Black, Auburn Interior, Sun Shades, Navi, Cold/Sport package, Front and Rear Sensors, and other stuff I may not no of......... Other Rides 2005 Raven Black Yamaha R1 Jeep Cherokee Honda Accord

Ok ok ok..... sorry and I know I can search, but i've tried that and I just didn't have anytime looking around for the post.

Does anyone know a good place to get the ride tinted.....35% all around, here in the Bay Area... (San Jose)

Adrian
Old 02-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Hey Adrian. Go to Extreme Tint and Polish in Santa Clara; 408-727-9540. They did my car 35% all around and also tinted about 4-5 other E60 forum members: soc_fans, Merzbow, CoolTones, mikej.

They primarily use Madico tint and I paid $250 to get all windows except the front windshield done. They're located on Scott Blvd between Central Expwy and Lafayette.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='235953' date='Feb 6 2006, 10:23 PM
Hey Adrian. Go to Extreme Tint and Polish in Santa Clara; 408-727-9540. They did my car 35% all around and also tinted about 4-5 other E60 forum members: soc_fans, Merzbow, CoolTones, mikej.

They primarily use Madico tint and I paid $250 to get all windows except the front windshield done. They're located on Scott Blvd between Central Expwy and Lafayette.
Yup.. the result of the install is
Old 02-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Saphire Black, Auburn Interior, Sun Shades, Navi, Cold/Sport package, Front and Rear Sensors, and other stuff I may not no of......... Other Rides 2005 Raven Black Yamaha R1 Jeep Cherokee Honda Accord

Thank you guys...... heading there probably this week, if there are any available openings.

Thanks again.

Adrian
Old 02-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

A perfect example of "low overhead on the office space, but great work and good value for the customer"!

Here's a pic of the front of there shop. That's Rommel on the right, and Rest on the left.
Oh, and that's my car with the new tint (50% madico tint).

Tint in the BAY.-extremetint3.jpg
Old 02-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by CoolTones' post='236622' date='Feb 7 2006, 10:48 PM
A perfect example of "low overhead on the office space, but great work and good value for the customer"!

Here's a pic of the front of there shop. That's Rommel on the right, and Rest on the left.
Oh, and that's my car with the new tint (50% madico tint).

Attachment 15222

You can also try Rocky Mountain Tint in Livermore, I had 3 cars done along with my buddies 911 Turbo.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Members

Ok, so quick question?

Took the car to Extreme Tint (Russ and Rommel *think thats there names* good people) anyway, they said that it was normal that there's like a bubble or wet spot on each window.

Here's the question: Is this normal? Did you guys have these sort of wet spots on the tint. According to Russ, the tint is still wet and needs time to dry. I maybe just a little paranoid and don't have the patience to wait til tomorrow.

Adrian
Old 02-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Prodigal545i' post='237674' date='Feb 10 2006, 12:40 AM
Ok, so quick question?

Took the car to Extreme Tint (Russ and Rommel *think thats there names* good people) anyway, they said that it was normal that there's like a bubble or wet spot on each window.

Here's the question: Is this normal? Did you guys have these sort of wet spots on the tint. According to Russ, the tint is still wet and needs time to dry. I maybe just a little paranoid and don't have the patience to wait til tomorrow.

Adrian
Don't worry about it, Adrian. I felt the same way as you at first.. just give it a week and it will look perfect!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' post='237712
Ok, so quick question?

Adrian
Don't worry about it, Adrian. I felt the same way as you at first.. just give it a week and it will look perfect!
[/quote]

Yeah *patience is a virture*......Thank you

But damn I already rolled the driver window down picking up a Jr.Bacon Cheeseburger at Jack and the Crack.... Streeeeeeeeeeeaksssss..
Old 02-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Take it back to the shop. They might fix it for you for free.

Quick Reply: Tint in the BAY.