E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Thoughts on Sprint Booster + Procede/JB2/SS Turbo Tuner, etc, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i Alpine White/Black Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim/Anthracite Headliner Premium and Sport Package Comfort Access/Navigation/HD Radio/iPod/Logic 7/SAT/PDC Sprintbooster Split Second Turbo Tuner BMC Air Filter
Thumbs up

I was curious as to how many of you guys have both the Sprint Booster and an ECU mod with Procede or JB2 or SS Turbo Tuner?

My understanding is that the Sprint Booster does nothing to increase hp or torque, and only increases throttle response (faster acceleration).

But I thought that an ECU mod would help also increase throttle response IN ADDITION to increasing hp and torque.

Would having both in there be front bumper suicide? I can only imagine how easy it would be to touch my pedal and launch into the car in front of me.

So basically I'm asking, does it make that big of a difference stacking the SB on top of an ECU mod? And for those of you who have both, can you describe your experience pre-SB and post-SB? Thanks.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Get both.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

i remember asking VT about having the sprintbooster along with a remap. at the time i didnt have the sprintbooster yet but had a remap. no matter what i said, his answer was "just get the sprintbooster". i still kept trying to ask until he just kept going with the same response until it became "weezy im gonna say it one more time. get it!"
Old 04-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

And look at you now, weezy. Aren't you glad you did? Of course, you are.

Anyway, there are quite a few people who have remapped ECU with the SB and loving every minute of it. Just to name a few: EuroCarFan's M5 (RDsport remap w/S, freed0m's 545i (Dinan remap w/S, SocalM5Mang's 550i (SI remap w/S, Sushi-roll aka C's Bimmer's 530xi (Superchips remap w/S, NeRwEEzy's 530i (SI w/S, VT's 545i (Superchips w/S and possibly E63 (Superchips only, for now).
Old 04-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i Alpine White/Black Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim/Anthracite Headliner Premium and Sport Package Comfort Access/Navigation/HD Radio/iPod/Logic 7/SAT/PDC Sprintbooster Split Second Turbo Tuner BMC Air Filter

Superchips and SI? This is the first time I'm hearing about these. Are these UK remaps only for the diesel engines or can we get these here in the states for our twin turbos?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

I have the remap and sprint booster.

Just get it!
Old 04-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Contributors

I ordered my Sprint Booster this Monday.... I want it now, now, now.
You guys are making me envious.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by owwo' post='554461' date='Apr 1 2008, 04:36 PM
So basically I'm asking, does it make that big of a difference stacking the SB on top of an ECU mod? And for those of you who have both, can you describe your experience pre-SB and post-SB? Thanks.
My comments pre-SB.
Here is a great example of the Sprintbooster in action. On my way to work today I exit off the main highway onto another road which crosses over the highway. The exit ramp has a short merge into the road/bridge. I need to slow down into 2nd gear as I approach the merge and check the traffic over my left shoulder. If there's enough space, I bury the throttle to merge. Well, this morning 2nd gear planted me in my seat and the rpms went up real fast. What I've noticed since yesterday is that my rpms climb quick compared to pre-Sprintbooster.
post-SB, pre-ECU remap comment
Well, I guess you'll be trying out my Sprint Booster at the Malibu Meet. It's going to be addictive...

Anyway, I've noticed that when I wind out my gears and shift around 5K - 6.5K rpm, I'm put right into my max torque @3.5K rpm at the next gear. The power delivery is instantaneous.
post-SB, post ECU remap comments
The remap ECU and Sprint Booster combo is the best thing since slice bread. I'm soooooo happy that Fred decided to sell his Sprint Booster to me and that I went ahead with the remap against people's advice that the remap wouldn't do anything. It does!
post-SB. post ECU remap
You bellowed? I had both the Sprint Booster and Singh remapped ECU on the 545i. Loved it. Shifts were lightning fast. Others who have the same set up as mine are ICEMAN 316 and Weezy.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by owwo' post='554669' date='Apr 1 2008, 10:22 PM
Superchips and SI? This is the first time I'm hearing about these. Are these UK remaps only for the diesel engines or can we get these here in the states for our twin turbos?
There is only Dinan remap available for the 535 ECU. Superchips and Speed Innovations are remaps for NA engines. SS Turbo Tuner, Black Box, PROcede, JuiceBox, etc... are all piggyback systems.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Senior Members

Good thing about both the Sprint Booster and Split Second Turbo Tuner, is both can be removed in just minutes for BMW service dates. You won't have to worry about your factory warranty getting cancelled, as some of the E90post boys have been reporting lately with the Procede.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Sprint Booster + Procede/JB2/SS Turbo Tuner, etc, etc.