E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: Keep it on or go back to how it was before
New look
21.05%
old look
78.95%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on MFest murdered out badge

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Originally Posted by Sublime
I guess I will be the only one that likes the all black emblem. It kind of goes without saying what kind of car you have - so a slightly understated look is cool in my opinion.

Ironically enough my GF happens to not care for most of my mods, but when I ask her what she thinks of the Mfest emblems she says she really likes them.. LOL. you're not the only one that likes them tho. Plenty of people on the mfest board love them. I really like them as well, but I know eventually I will stray back to CF ones.

Originally Posted by bimmerfamily2010
JR - You just don't know when to stop huh?

Keep up the mods dude!

Not at all man. It's like that R. Kelly song...
Originally Posted by flyingpuck
I've always been just fine with my plate being seen....Attachment 119979......Soon enough this will be on my new car too!
Nice-- f10 im guessing

Originally Posted by socale39
I really dont know what the big deal is with covering the plate in pics. Do you guys realize how many more people see those plates when you are driving to work?????

BTW I voted for the old setup, it just looks cleaner IMHO. Car looks great

my sentiments exactly. I mean I had tons of human and intel training in counter espionage crap, but that was regarding overseas issues. I really dont care and I did it cuz theres always someone who says "hey man.. you should blurr out your plates." Like you said tho strangers see my plate all the time so to me it makes no difference hiding it online when I cant do it in real life.

Thanks for the compliments and the feedback everyone. I'm gunna go against the grain for a couple weeks and keep them on just so I can justify buying them. If for any reason I get tired of them I'll be selling them to the highest bidder later down the road.

JR
Old 04-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Contributors

I prefer the CF emblems, I think the CF roof spoiler would compliment the front lip and rear diffusser.

Your car looks amazing!!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Nice-- f10 im guessing

JR
Check out my signature!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
Check out my signature!

woops

very nice!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

JR, you still wiggin' out?! lol! Just wanted to ask you...after you plasti dipped your badge, what adhesive did you use to re-apply? I have a can of plasti dip waiting to spray my badge and grill. Thanks man,
James
Old 04-20-2011, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

i liked the look before.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dragonfx
JR, you still wiggin' out?! lol! Just wanted to ask you...after you plasti dipped your badge, what adhesive did you use to re-apply? I have a can of plasti dip waiting to spray my badge and grill. Thanks man,
James
any form of semi-strong doublesided 3m tape will do. Just cut it up so it adheres to most of the numbers. It wont matter if it looks ugly since no one can see the back anyways. However, If your badge is still on the car I've read that you can just go ahead and simply spray the plasti dip on the badge as is on the car. No need to take off or sand. Heres a link I found of an application done on a lexus

Click me =)
Old 04-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

Where can I get one of those Mfest stickers?! I know Im to far away to go but if someone can get me one I would gladly send ya some $$
Old 04-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

Originally Posted by devildawg712
any form of semi-strong doublesided 3m tape will do. Just cut it up so it adheres to most of the numbers. It wont matter if it looks ugly since no one can see the back anyways. However, If your badge is still on the car I've read that you can just go ahead and simply spray the plasti dip on the badge as is on the car. No need to take off or sand. Heres a link I found of an application done on a lexus

Click me =)
You the man JR!!! thanks for the link, that's Friday's MOD along with the bmwshadowline that came in the mail today!!!!
James
Old 04-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by e60oholic
Where can I get one of those Mfest stickers?! I know Im to far away to go but if someone can get me one I would gladly send ya some $

Paypal Chris at DSCOFFTSHIRT@yahoo.com

Click me =)

Quick Reply: Thoughts on MFest murdered out badge