E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

thinking of getting the m-tech front and rear bumer, only one thing st

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i sport

my car is leased, will it be easy to reverse to stock form? does the installation involve simply removal of the stock bumpers? any drillings involved?
Old 08-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Yes, some inner plastic fender trimming & drilling. You could replace them before you return the car and/or get the OEM inner plastic fender for M-Tech.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Yes it should be easy to return it back to stock as all you have to do is replace the M-tech bumpers with your stock OEM bumpers..However I believe if you return the car with the M-Tech parts back on (as long as they are authentic) you shouldn't have a problem as the M-tech body parts are accessories for the E60 from BMW so they should consider it as an OEM part. Though you will then lose money by not selling it after the lease is up however if you don't mind just giving it to them as is why go threw the trouble as it seems as though you are mainly concerned that you cannot give the car back with the M-tech kit. The only problem I can see is that it being a lease, you did not order the M-tech kit as part of the lease when you ordered the car. But I still don't think it should be a problem as the M-tech kit is a BMW accessory and is a BMW product so as long as its an authentic M-tech kit BMW should rightfully accept responsibility of its product for the next owner of the vehicle, opposed to having a non BMW product they will not be responsible for any damage it may cause thus why they will not want a non BMW manufactured product left on the car at the end of the lease.

The easiest way to find out if you can return the car with the kit is contact your dealer and explain to them that you purchased their M-tech kit for your E60 which is an OEM accessory available from them, and tell them your M-tech kit is an authentic one made by BMW and was installed by a qualified body shop.

LOL after writing all this im not sure you even wanted to know if you could return the car with the kit but it sounded as though you are worried if BMW will not accept the car back when the lease is up.. but as long as your body shop does the install correct BMW should back its product .. also yes the installation involves only removing the stock bumpers and replacing them with the new ones.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i sport

Originally Posted by Hamann5' post='463186' date='Aug 27 2007, 10:52 PM
Yes it should be easy to return it back to stock as all you have to do is replace the M-tech bumpers with your stock OEM bumpers..However I believe if you return the car with the M-Tech parts back on (as long as they are authentic) you shouldn't have a problem as the M-tech body parts are accessories for the E60 from BMW so they should consider it as an OEM part. Though you will then lose money by not selling it after the lease is up however if you don't mind just giving it to them as is why go threw the trouble as it seems as though you are mainly concerned that you cannot give the car back with the M-tech kit. The only problem I can see is that it being a lease, you did not order the M-tech kit as part of the lease when you ordered the car. But I still don't think it should be a problem as the M-tech kit is a BMW accessory and is a BMW product so as long as its an authentic M-tech kit BMW should rightfully accept responsibility of its product for the next owner of the vehicle, opposed to having a non BMW product they will not be responsible for any damage it may cause thus why they will not want a non BMW manufactured product left on the car at the end of the lease.

The easiest way to find out if you can return the car with the kit is contact your dealer and explain to them that you purchased their M-tech kit for your E60 which is an OEM accessory available from them, and tell them your M-tech kit is an authentic one made by BMW and was installed by a qualified body shop.
LOL after writing all this im not sure you even wanted to know if you could return the car with the kit but it sounded as though you are worried if BMW will not accept the car back when the lease is up.. but as long as your body shop does the install correct BMW should back its product .. also yes the installation involves only removing the stock bumpers and replacing them with the new ones.
thanks, i will definitely revert the car into stock form and sell the m-tech on my own. doesn't seem like too much hassle there. how much it'll run me? is $2k enough for parts, paint and installation?