E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Are these tyres any good??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

It's nearly time to change my rear tyres. I currently have 19" Conti's ( Which are not cheap in the UK!!).

A tyre fitter has recomended NEXEN N3000's. These are about half the price of the Conti's.

Are these any good??? Has anybody experienced this company ( I think they are a U.S company)

I will be keeping the conti's on the front... Would this cause a problem??

Thanks in advance
Old 04-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by littlemouse' post='846984' date='Apr 14 2009, 10:28 AM
It's nearly time to change my rear tyres. I currently have 19" Conti's ( Which are not cheap in the UK!!).

A tyre fitter has recomended NEXEN N3000's. These are about half the price of the Conti's.

Are these any good??? Has anybody experienced this company ( I think they are a U.S company)

Thanks in advance

they are throw aways in my opinion

I would get some good tires, Goodrich, Michelin, Conti, Bridgestone etc
Old 04-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545i 6MT

^^^^
Do you have real world experience on this Nexen Tires?
Or you just don't even look because of the "unknown" brand.
If it's true then your opinion is very biased on brand recognition.

Many people didn't even look at Kumho or even Hankook 4-5 years ago and look where they are now widely used by many enthusiasts. Hell, I used Kumho before when everybody talked shit abt it but still harassed bunch of cars w/ "BRANDED" tires all day long at the track.

Give this Nexen 3000 a chance, looks like they a good bargain for good value tires.
Lots of reviews on google stating they perform well compare to many OEM tires.
Looks like many Lexus/BMW owners recommend this line of tire.

If you just use your car as daily drive and cruising from point A to B, some spirited drive, I'm sure you probably won't reach the max performance of this tire on the street unless you are doing something illegal.

If you do reach its limit on the street then you need to start looking at different tire lines .
It all comes down on your driving style. If you drift highway curve exit/entrance and 90 degree corners all day long then I don't think this Nexen is for you to begin with

There are other brands of tires w/ similar thread design and wear rating compared to this Nexen 3000 for you to consider:
Hankook Ventus Sport K104, Kumho Ecsta SPT, Nankang NS-II, Falken FK452, General Exclaim UHP, etc (I've tried few on my daily drive sets on my car w/o any complains before)

If you decide to try, post up a real world review here!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by salaki' post='847081' date='Apr 14 2009, 01:56 PM
^^^^
Do you have real world experience on this Nexen Tires?
Or you just don't even look because of the "unknown" brand.
If it's true then your opinion is very biased on brand recognition.

Many people didn't even look at Kumho or even Hankook 4-5 years ago and look where they are now widely used by many enthusiasts. Hell, I used Kumho before when everybody talked shit abt it but still harassed bunch of cars w/ "BRANDED" tires all day long at the track.

Give this Nexen 3000 a chance, looks like they a good bargain for good value tires.
Lots of reviews on google stating they perform well compare to many OEM tires.
Looks like many Lexus/BMW owners recommend this line of tire.

If you just use your car as daily drive and cruising from point A to B, some spirited drive, I'm sure you probably won't reach the max performance of this tire on the street unless you are doing something illegal.

If you do reach its limit on the street then you need to start looking at different tire lines .
It all comes down on your driving style. If you drift highway curve exit/entrance and 90 degree corners all day long then I don't think this Nexen is for you to begin with

There are other brands of tires w/ similar thread design and wear rating compared to this Nexen 3000 for you to consider:
Hankook Ventus Sport K104, Kumho Ecsta SPT, Nankang NS-II, Falken FK452, General Exclaim UHP, etc (I've tried few on my daily drive sets on my car w/o any complains before)
Very good to know David. Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 523i M-Sport

Originally Posted by littlemouse' post='846984' date='Apr 14 2009, 06:28 PM

Thanks in advance
Hi mate,

My bro had some Nexen on his VXR, and they didnt last very long! I dont know wether it was the power and torque of the car or the quality!
For the same kind of price, I got some Kuhmo Ecsta in a 19" and I must say, they were fabulous!

I've just changed all four of my tyres on the E60 to Falken FK452's.
I got them from Camskill Performance and set me back ?530 delivered, and a further ?50 to have them mounted & balanced.

Hope that helps!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride:

I've had mine on for a year now with no issues. Handled well in the rain and seem to be wearing well too.

B
Old 04-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545i 6MT

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='847094' date='Apr 14 2009, 02:10 PM
Very good to know David. Thanks
No Prob Frank
I just happen to love to try non big 5 brand tires and give them credit if they perform well.

Your choice of General Exclaim UHP was good for the price.
Tirerack had a favorable review of this line compare to other "Branded" tires.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535d with all the trimmings

try www.eiretyres.com

All makes of tyres and reviews for each one, they are based in hanover, geat prices and delivery included.
They'll even find a fitter near you.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

I dont know why you would consider these a throw away tire.

The Nexen N3000 is actually a very good tire. I would personally rate them comprable to the Falken FK452. This tire has been one of our most popular sold for the last year, and we have never gotten any complaints. Nexen also builds these tires in just about all the popular staggered sizes. I would personally choose the N3000 before the Kumho, or Nitto. These also have a very high tread wear rating of 340. If you wanted, the also build the N7000, which is M+S rated. Honestly, in todays economy, it does not make any sense for average Joe to spend on Pirelli's, Michelins, Continental's, or even Toyo's. This is one of our biggest reasons why we have been selling a boat load of the Nexens. Now my only problem is how to get more so I can sell them. If anyone has a good source, PM me.

? Directional Wide Aqua Groove Design
? Arrow Center Rib Design ? High speed Driving Performance
? Shoulder Design ? Up Grade Cornering Stability
? Aggressive Type Lateral Grooves ? Anti Hydroplaning
? Y - speed rated 186-MPH Maximum ( according to t-rack. )
? U.T.Q.G. 340 treadwear rating - AA traction rating

Theyve been in business since 1942. Here is some history about nexen.
http://www.nexentireusa.com/page3-1/AboutNexenTire
Old 04-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring' post='848833' date='Apr 15 2009, 10:57 PM
• Y - speed rated 18MPH Maximum
Did you mean 180MPH Maximum?

Quick Reply: Are these tyres any good??