E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

is there a difference between m5 bumper kits,

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

i dont want to start a vendor feud, but was wanting to know the diffrence between each vendors m5 replica bumpers/skirts. or are they the same?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

Dont know about trinity, but umnitza bumpers have pdc mounts that dont line up perfect and need to be adjusted. The headlight washer mounts arnt oem quality either... i ended up not hooking up the washers. look out for my pics when i pick up the car this week.

Edit: the side skirts are also slightly short towards the front of the car...5mm short.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Senior Members

I bought my side skirts and M5 front from Trinity.
Fitment was really good, i was there watching the shop guy install it and he didnt need to fabricate anything.
He just bolt it on, adjust for fitment, and wiped it down.

you can see my ride here: trinity M5 front and sides plus M5 mirrors and matte black grills

Contact Nerweezy for pricing.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535XI white
Model Year: 2008

i got mine from umnitza, no fitment problem
but the headlight washer bracket need to shave or cut in order to fit, not sure if trinity's bumper
besides headlight washer, the fitment is good, you can see my pictures
Old 10-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

We all buy them from the same source.
They all fit exactly the same way - the ONLY main difference is the body shop doing the work. If you have a good one, you'll never hear of a problem, if you have a bad one or one that is unfamiliar with the bumper installations, all you're going to hear is problems.

Also, in many cases, body shops don't like to paint other people's body parts because they don't make any profit on those parts, so they have extra incentive to mislead you into thinking you received a less than perfect part so that they can purchase one for you and make a profit on it.

The difference is that we sell our bumpers with the packages for less due to our buying power and shipping options. If you need any assistance, feel free to call us for more details. 925 521 0577
Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='1024971' date='Oct 5 2009, 12:05 PM
We all buy them from the same source.
They all fit exactly the same way - the ONLY main difference is the body shop doing the work. If you have a good one, you'll never hear of a problem, if you have a bad one or one that is unfamiliar with the bumper installations, all you're going to hear is problems.

Also, in many cases, body shops don't like to paint other people's body parts because they don't make any profit on those parts, so they have extra incentive to mislead you into thinking you received a less than perfect part so that they can purchase one for you and make a profit on it.

The difference is that we sell our bumpers with the packages for less due to our buying power and shipping options. If you need any assistance, feel free to call us for more details. 925 521 0577

Im sure I am not the only one who has had fitment issues. The difference is that I was very involved with every detail when the kit was going on the car and the shop did not want to make any moves without my approval. They also didnt charge me extra to realign the pdc. You get what you pay for, OEM would have been flawless... but would have cost almost double. Ill have pics of my install soon...
Old 10-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2012 550i Space Gray M Sport

Just adding my two cents, I got my bumper and sides from Trinity and the shop commented on how perfect everything fit. No probs at all.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by aneet' post='1024713
I bought my side skirts and M5 front from Trinity.
Fitment was really good, i was there watching the shop guy install it and he didnt need to fabricate anything.

Contact Nerweezy for pricing.
Seems to be a disparity between the products offered by 2 different vendors.
I have never heard of any fitment issues from items ordered from Trinity.
On the other hand, I've seen several postings about Umnitza fitment issues.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by darkboyz68' post='1024718
Just adding my two cents, I got my bumper and sides from Trinity and the shop commented on how perfect everything fit. No probs at all.

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='1025077' date='Oct 5 2009, 10:42 AM
Seems to be a disparity between the products offered by 2 different vendors.
I have never heard of any fitment issues from items ordered from Trinity.
On the other hand, I've seen several postings about Umnitza fitment issues.

Thank you guys!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Contributors

If they buy from the same place, how can the fitment be different....think about it....and trinity didn't say they didn't, so you have to assume they do, which would mean they are still identical kits....

Quick Reply: is there a difference between m5 bumper kits,