E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Terrible experience with RPI

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

this reminds me: last night I asked RPi for a discount on the scoop+filter and they didn't give it to me - THIS is preposterous! TERRIBLE service!!! I shall go on the internet and complain!!! bwahahhaha
Old 09-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

I'm still waiting to see those supercharger pics ... tick-tock-tick-tock ...
Old 09-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Roleez' post='1015536' date='Sep 23 2009, 11:22 PM
I'm still waiting to see those supercharger pics ... tick-tock-tick-tock ...
Yeah, I believe about a year ago he was trying to get a camera. I am sure he has one by now.

I remember him posting some sound clip, trying say he had a supercharger installed.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M Sport Automatic, Le Mans Edition.Le Mans Blue Individual Paint Special, Syrah Blue Individual Leather, Piano Black Individual Interior Trim, Front seat heating,M Double Spoke 172 19

One of the many dictionary definitions of the word diamond is "person of intrinsic worth but rough manner".Well,one of them fits!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:10 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

What a bag of tools
Old 09-24-2009, 04:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

OMG...member redwhiteblue is back BAhahahahahahaahahahahahaha!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1015398' date='Sep 23 2009, 11:23 PM
The funniest part is that Diamond has no clue that he's been outed. Unless he's reading this thread as a guest (unlikely), he hasn't logged in to the forums since the first posting by Calvin exposing him!
Well it's safe to say that this morning, Sleepy checked in and I have to believe he's now up to speed on the goings on around here...

Come on Sleepy, take a deep breath, chime in, and maybe we can get through this together!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Welcome back sleepy... make yourself at home

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1015431
DrWall$treet FTW!
Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1015470
Why didn't C's Bimmer (someone who, at one point in time had a very well calibrated detector) sniff him out ...
Well, C's getting old, but it's still no excuse!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:48 AM
Contributors

I got a question........ why has this Diamond aka SleepyCA been banned so many times? What did he do?
Old 09-24-2009, 05:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='1015703
Kidding aside, I think a brief recap is in order here -- especially for the newbs...

Diamond (a.k.a. - all those other names and more), like most of us here, is a very enthusiastic E60 owner who realizes that this forum is the place to be for all things E60. Early on, he participated in many threads here and even contributed one of the more useful/popular threads on the boards -- the 25 second tranny reset procedure (thanks sleepy!)

The problem was that his posting style and his habit of going after people personally (name calling, etc.) caused him to be warned over and over again. After these repeated warnings, we had no choice but to ban him since obviously we don't have a very high tolerance for that sort of behavior here.

I believe he came back at first because he probably didn't think we'd notice it was him again but after reading his posts, it was pretty clear that this was the same guy and once people suspected who he was and reported it, we verified things and banned him. Each time he came back, I believe he tried hard to adjust his posting style and/or sit out a while to see if we would stop noticing who he was (he even did the same thing on Bimmerfest where he was subsequently banned there too under a few different names.) Regardless of his efforts to behave, he was not able to and he kept getting banned over and over.

Why keep trying? I think it's because he really loves the E60 (that's not hard to understand, right?) He wants to share his enthusiasm with other enthusiasts, just like the rest of us.

Now, after all this time, to his credit, he did manage to come back and behave enough to fly under the radar and prevent some of our better "detectors" from picking up his scent. If he hadn't gone and pasted in his email address, we'd still all be thinking this was someone else!

I'd love to hear Diamond's side of the story or at least have him tell me where I'm wrong or help fill in some blanks. I mean that sincerely sleepy. I know that we tend to kid around here and many of us tend to pile on a bit because of your history here but maybe, just maybe, you can show us that you can stick around here and remain a part of the forums again. Heck, there's even a Columbus meet coming up where you might be able to meet some of the guys in person!

Now, having said all that, I recall that in the past we had similar hope that you could tone things down and become a more respected member here and each and every time you had a chance to shine, you failed instead. It's up to you now...

Quick Reply: Terrible experience with RPI