E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

TCU- A369TCU: GPS Aerial, Open Circuit

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 02:00 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i Sports Kit
Default TCU- A369TCU: GPS Aerial, Open Circuit

Hello, i have SOS Malfunction on my E60 550i, no sound from doors, ignition or radio, maps working fine, radio has perfect signal and can change channels, satalite seems to be working, non of the options in the radio greyed out, so far i have tried the loop pass on every unit i have in the trunk and i have the Ipod unit in the glovebox, nothing worked and i traced the fiber cable it has light all the way to the head unit, when i used ISTA or INPA i get the same error code TCU- A369TCU: GPS Aerial, Open Circuit, i tried reseating all the cables all the way to the shark fin and no sound still, went with the coding path and deleted VO $639 from CAS and LAM for my TCU, Disabled everything that has to do with BMW Asisst, no more SOS on dashboard but still no sound, tried enabling and still no sound, the only thing that was out of normal is when i hit READ ECU for the TCU Unit on NCS Expert before deleting the $639 i would always get the same error which is "ECU BUSY TRY REQUESTING AGAIN"
I have noticed the TCU has different VIN than my vehicle, but couldn't code it because of the error mentioned above "ECU BUSY" tried coding it with NCS Expert and Tool32 but nothing worked, i know in the MOST system if something fails it can lead to random units sometimes so i don't want to start throwing new units, i've been reading different fourms but so far nobody had this kind of issue, all the units in the trunk seem to be working units as fiber is reaching all the way to the head unit and they are warm to the touch.

Any new ideas would be much appreciated with explanation for the steps please because i'm a stubborn noob 🙏
Old 05-04-2023, 02:28 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i Sports Kit

Originally Posted by Siraj
Hello, i have SOS Malfunction on my E60 550i, no sound from doors, ignition or radio, maps working fine, radio has perfect signal and can change channels, satalite seems to be working, non of the options in the radio greyed out, so far i have tried the loop pass on every unit i have in the trunk and i have the Ipod unit in the glovebox, nothing worked and i traced the fiber cable it has light all the way to the head unit, when i used ISTA or INPA i get the same error code TCU- A369TCU: GPS Aerial, Open Circuit, i tried reseating all the cables all the way to the shark fin and no sound still, went with the coding path and deleted VO $639 from CAS and LAM for my TCU, Disabled everything that has to do with BMW Asisst, no more SOS on dashboard but still no sound, tried enabling and still no sound, the only thing that was out of normal is when i hit READ ECU for the TCU Unit on NCS Expert before deleting the $639 i would always get the same error which is "ECU BUSY TRY REQUESTING AGAIN"
I have noticed the TCU has different VIN than my vehicle, but couldn't code it because of the error mentioned above "ECU BUSY" tried coding it with NCS Expert and Tool32 but nothing worked, i know in the MOST system if something fails it can lead to random units sometimes so i don't want to start throwing new units, i've been reading different fourms but so far nobody had this kind of issue, all the units in the trunk seem to be working units as fiber is reaching all the way to the head unit and they are warm to the touch.

Any new ideas would be much appreciated with explanation for the steps please because i'm a stubborn noob 🙏
One more thing to add, i noticed my Satallite Radio in the trunk has a little bit of rust on it and the fan wasn't moving, but it was warm to the touch and as mentioned the fiber cable light is on and passing through it to the next unit which i believe is the IPOD unit in the glovebox