E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

switch blade key fob mod not working for me

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

+ 1 thread cred and to prove achtunge60 wrong once again. That's 2 on ownage.

Same key as you.

Name:  CDC0FF30-8F9E-4081-B739-63A4621CBEC1-7972-000001CCC34F4892_zpsffe8c47d.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  27.6 KB
Old 04-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@roskinc your pic with the blade is kinda dark but our keys do look similar I don't see the indents for the immobilizer how ever I think I also can't see correct me if I'm wrong the black plastic piece sitting on top of the bottom end of the blade as pictured I'm starting not to know what to think the seller says my key is missing the separate immobilizer however your key looks like it doesn't have it either please post a pic of your board that's probably where our keys differ

Edit I got a better look at your key And they look exactly the same so now I'm dying to see your board because if yours works and you have the same exact key and board as I do than wth is going on. Btw in my case I can't put my board near the ignition and even get the orginal diamond key to start the car unless the board is actually touching the bottom of the blade watch my video again.
Attached Thumbnails switch blade key fob mod not working for me-image.jpg  

Last edited by spediegunz; 04-23-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

One more for thread cred

http://youtu.be/DPDCVqXGGBU

Last edited by roskinc; 04-23-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by roskinc
One more for thread cred

E60 keyfob - YouTube
Wow thank you at roskinc your video is proof enough we have the same exact key chip but don't think I damaged my chip because it still works in the original diamond key as you said maybe its how my key is cut but that is strange because it does turn in the ignition. I just shot one more video I will soon upload but some thing even more weird happened remember how you told me to hold my chip near the ignition and try the key well I did it with my regular diamond key and as you saw in the video it didn't work unless the chip was actually touching the black plastic but then i tried it with my original key without the chip and used my spare diamond key. I held it neat the ignition and the car started. What does this mean I don't know but I will upload video soon so you can tell me what you think I'm racing home to try it out with my spare key and my new conversion fob to see if that combo will work. As for the seller I will email him your video to show we have the same exact key and his information that I don't have the separate immobilizer and that's why I didn't work is false.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

okay guys @roskinc and @dakest I did some more testing and I have 2 new videos both showing me positives that this mod may just yet work for me I need your opinions on what do you think is going on and do you think I should try to cut open my other key since Im getting these kinda new results

Old 04-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Members
Senior Members

see i was right, has something to do with your chip on the key that you always use. i bet (and id hate to suggest because now you have to cut two keys) if you cut open the spare key and use that chip on the key fob it would work. thats why i suggested you use the new style key fob with the chip next to it.

again, +1 thread cred for me and ownage on achtunge60
Old 04-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by roskinc
see i was right, has something to do with your chip on the key that you always use. i bet (and id hate to suggest because now you have to cut two keys) if you cut open the spare key and use that chip on the key fob it would work. thats why i suggested you use the new style key fob with the chip next to it.

again, +1 thread cred for me and ownage on achtunge60
hey bruh I got good news I cut the other key open and put the chip inside the new remote and it started the car right up I'm so happy thanks to you I didn't give up and thank goodness I had a spare key. so add one to the club with the mod completed I honestly can't understand why it didn't work with my remote that I use regularly unless somehow i damaged it while opening it..... its weird because the key still works on it own i also just finished super glueing it back together.

the only down side I had to cut 2 keys open and now I have to change all my settings because the spare key had all my wifes settings memorized seats mirrors radio climate ect
non the less I'm a happy camper thank you to all for you help
Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530i base model
Model Year: 2006

After watching your videos I get the feeling the first key may have an issue with a weak battery or weak transponder signal.
I am glad it worked, just be gentle with that new fob.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:04 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Thanks for helping the guy out i was the original guy who started this mod i was about to comment just for the future check my original thread all testing was done first with chip to start car different ways there is a ring on the ignition that picks up the immoboliser if any one else wants to test this hold the chip above the ingition barrel close to the ring the car will start