E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Super white signal light bolts

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 06:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 Can't be arsed to take the thing apart..
Old 08-16-2004, 06:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Silver Gray/Black Step Auto. Sports Package, Logic 7, Cold Weather Package, Parking Distance, and Rear Sun Shades 2002 330ci Titanium Silver/Gray Step Auto, Sports Package, Premium Package, Xenon, 18 inch wheels.

sg530,

I haven't checked what kind of bulb backup-up lamp is. I believe you can replace them very easily.

Rudy,
Yeah white turn singal light. It looks cool and kind of evil.

ameigo525,
Front and rear are using 12V21W, and side is 12V5W. You can find them on ebay or just go to yahoo to sarch for it. (Piaa, Raybrig and Polarg are making pretty good bulbs)
PS. US models front and rear are differnt type of bulbs. Euro model are using same type of bulbs for the front and rear.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Silver Gray/Black Step Auto. Sports Package, Logic 7, Cold Weather Package, Parking Distance, and Rear Sun Shades 2002 330ci Titanium Silver/Gray Step Auto, Sports Package, Premium Package, Xenon, 18 inch wheels.

hi JDN,

I wasn't plan to replace bulbs until I saw a 745i with super white turn singal lights.
After I done it, I just love it.

PS. you have to try very good quility bulbs. not just something from Autozone. I'd rather to stay with BMW bulbs than using some bulbs from Autozone.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bmw545' date='Aug 16 2004, 10:51 AM
Rudy,
Yeah white turn singal light. It looks cool and kind of evil.
How evil is it to other drivers? I'm not too sure I'd want to be behind you at night when you use your signal.

Where I live, the cops would pull you over instantly for those since I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use white for turn indicators...

Good luck with them -- hope you don't piss off someone to the point of road rage!
Old 08-16-2004, 07:08 AM
Members

Thanks Rudy.

There are many mod car in LA area. People here are used to it already. I don't think they will get pissed at me here.

But, I will have to be more careful if I travels.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmw545' date='Aug 16 2004, 09:08 AM
Thanks Rudy.

There are many mod car in LA area. People here are used to it already. I don't think they will get pissed at me here.

But, I will have to be more careful if I travels.
haha.yeah..i'm from irvine too.. they dun really hassle you too much about front turn.. this are CA legal..and side most cars dont even have them so there is no stipulation in the vehical code on those here either..but the rear..is suppose to be red or orange..but usualy if they dont get you for something else..they wont just pull over to ticket you on those.. as they're only $10 to fix... unless they use that as an excuse to pull over..in which case..they've got your number.. and u're @ssed out anyways......

Glad to see another Irvine member!
Old 08-16-2004, 11:02 AM

Thanks Initialdl.
I think the front license plate is required in CA but normaly police won't pull you over just because of that.

My guess is just don't do crazy driving policeman will leave us alone.

BTW, which dealership did you buy your car from? How's their service?

I bought mine from Shelly and do services in Irvine BMW.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Members

That was me. Forgot to login.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Aug 16 2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks Initialdl.
I think the front license plate is required in CA but normaly police won't pull you over just because of that.

My guess is just don't do crazy driving policeman will leave us alone.

BTW, which dealership did you buy your car from? How's their service?

I bought mine from Shelly and do services in Irvine BMW.
Yeah.. that too.. just in irvine... the cops have to kinda get to know you..
i used to get pulled over at least once a moth just for random search of the vehicle .. like lights and front plate..tint.. etc..but that's just Irvine.. u know... and what not when i first got the E46.. but they always acted like they were doing me a favor and letting me go... now they dont even bother top pull me over cuz they know i'm local and I keep my nose clean..haha...
mainly they wanna make sure the UCI students kno who's boss..but if u're resident (homeowner) they actually just leave you alone......

i do all my service at New Century in Alhambra cuz i've been goin to my guy for awhile (as does my GF"s 325, mom's x5, and friend's 330i).... service from them has always been great.... they're busy..but i've always felt pricing to be fair even when I was outta warranty...

I'm buying my car from New Century also...

i go there even tho it's far.. cuz my friend's finance manager there..and he makes sure i get taken care of... also my service guy has been great taking care of my E46 no problems with any modded parts.. they make sure they always use the low lift to get it up, etc....

Irvine BMW seems to busy all the time..even tho they're closer to home... i just dun wanna have to re-built a new relationship with a new service person and everything..
maybe if i have emergency i'll go to your guy..haha....
I have dealth with the following dealerships also:

Crevier: Tried to rip me off and tell me all this stuff isnt in warranty and snooty attitude
Sterling(newport beach): :thumbsdown: half / half.. for regular service.. they were kinda like.. wtf u doing here with a 3er.. but when I switched advisors.. and took my mom's x5 in 2nd guy was great..but he doesnt work there anymore.... so.. i guess it depends on the place.. i just take it all the new century now cuz i get my BMW loaner and car gets fixed pretty quickly
Old 08-16-2004, 12:35 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmw545' date='Aug 16 2004, 09:57 AM
PS. you have to try very good quility bulbs. not just something from Autozone. I'd rather to stay with BMW bulbs than using some bulbs from Autozone.
I sure agree on that quality thing. The AutoZone project was to try and make the side markers brighter for drivers in my blind spot, in case I erred. However, I have my right, left, too, mirror set so that there is no blind spot.

The amber versus white thing is simply a matter of taste. Who am I to question if the 7-series is already into it not to mention the Europeans and maybe some others.

Quick Reply: Super white signal light bolts