E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Super Aggressive e60 wheel setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
here is another example but an e46

he lives in CT where im originally from so i know how bad the roads are there and this is his DD
This car looks like a micro machine or a silly little RC car.

Originally Posted by tex_phil
You want to see a crazy offset? Check out my buddies Z, he just put these rims on, they are INSANE. They have like a 8inch lip.

A good way to ruin a perfectly good Z.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
This car looks like a micro machine or a silly little RC car.

A good way to ruin a perfectly good Z.

disagree on both

if you dont like the style thats fine but too many of you are extremely against it for no good reason

style is style, if you dont like it then move on
Old 04-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Contributors

disagree on both

if you dont like the style thats fine but too many of you are extremely against it for no good reason

style is style, if you dont like it then move on
There are plenty of reasons. Chrome is "styling" that is on factory no sport e60's yet instead of moving on you've bagged on it plenty of times, correct me if im wrong.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
There are plenty of reasons. Chrome is "styling" that is on factory no sport e60's yet instead of moving on you've bagged on it plenty of times, correct me if im wrong.

chrome is universally tacky

and i dont tell people their chrome sucks i just say get matte black
Old 04-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Members

I still don't get it. Why do you want your BMW to look like a Japanese car???
Bimmers (and most Euro luxury brands) is about class. Modding is good to some extent. But too much can sometimes ruin a car.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545iBMW
I still don't get it. Why do you want your BMW to look like a Japanese car???
Bimmers (and most Euro luxury brands) is about class. Modding is good to some extent. But too much can sometimes ruin a car.

i dont get why you think aggressive wheels and a drop are indicative of japanese cars only?

i see tons of m3s with this style on other sites all the time

this site is very "timid" compared to what some others do
Old 04-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Members

i dont get why you think aggressive wheels and a drop are indicative of japanese cars only?

i see tons of m3s with this style on other sites all the time

this site is very "timid" compared to what some others do
Let me guess, you are in your early 20's.
Bimmers are like fine watches.
Casios are nice with rubber straps.
But putting a rubber strap on a Rolex or an Omega is a big no-no.

Young people like "aggressive wheels and drop" to be noticed.

Most of us in their 30's and up (married, with kids and making six figures) like to be a little conservative. Not flamboyant.
Have you seen Ferraris, Lambos and other exotics with flamboyant wings, weird wheel combos that doesn't match the body and extreme drops?
No. Listen, 5, 7 years from now - you will find all these extreme mods "tacky" much more than the chrome you now hate.

Take lots of pics of your car right now and after owning at least two more cars in the future, you will see what I mean.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Contributors

Most of us in their 30's and up (married, with kids and making six figures) like to be a little conservative. Not flamboyant.
Have you seen Ferraris, Lambos and other exotics with flamboyant wings, weird wheel combos that doesn't match the body and extreme drops?
No. Listen, 5, 7 years from now - you will find all these extreme mods "tacky" much more than the chrome you now hate.

Take lots of pics of your car right now and after owning at least two more cars in the future, you will see what I mean.

mid 20's and i simply dont agree with you and find you perspective to be very condescending so thank you for your arrogance and looking down your nose at myself and this style

my father has a 07 911 targa 4s and its considerably low compared to his last porsche

i dont mod to be noticed, i mod because thats how i think the car should look

and i know all about fine watches and watch etiquette thank you
Old 04-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Well the stanced scene has been in for a while now and if anything, it's still getting bigger and people are pushing the limits more. I agree that the older generations do not usually do this but I have seen aggressive wheels and slammed cars with 50 year olds driving it and are prevalent on various forums (no, not Japanese car forums). It's everyone's personal taste. And usually things that look "cool" to the sub baby boomer generation tend to stick out and be a bit flashy, as long as it's not ridiculous (30'' chrome rims for example) I think it's ok.

Funny thing is I'm getting more and more aggressive in my wheel setups throughout the years going conservative on my E46 M3 some odd years ago to my S2000 where I had stretched tires and rolled fenders to my E60 where I want to try to go a little further. It's like the more money you make, the more you want. The further you go, the further you want to push the envelope etc. etc...

And to be honest, I found the way I dressed 5 years ago (heck even 3) to be funny and tacky. Times change that's how it is. Albeit a nice watch stands the test of time. I have to admit these cars or overly aggressive and not 100% my style either, but I give them credit for not just slapping on 20'' wheels and not caring about width and offset. That Z is quite crazy, but it does the Z more justice than some I see with aftermarket douchey wheels that belong on a Nissan Sentra or Toyota Corolla (size and offset wise). Funny, just the other weekend I saw two Murcielagos decked out (flashy wheels and all) and today I saw a loud ass hell Maserati roaming the streets of LA.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

Originally Posted by aznazasin
Yah you guys do have a point...most of the E46 owners are getting younger and younger as the vehicle ages. The e60 modding style will soon transform especially here in the west region.

I actually just finished college and am graduating this spring but have already completed my units last fall and working 40+ hours a week.

Trug: Ive seen your car in person...black on gold thats exactly what I need to do..switch over to 235/30/20 lol thanks for the heads up

thanks again everyone for your suggestions and opinions!!
If anything, I'll see you at the Mfest.

Quick Reply: Super Aggressive e60 wheel setup