E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Storage compartment swap?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005 | 03:17 AM
Members

Hi.

I've fount that there are two different storeage compartments, - one with the phone cradle and one with more space. Since I'm not going to be using a snap-in adapter, I'd rather have the one with extra storage space. Does anyone know if this can be swaped out without loosing the bluetooth capability or triggering any errors?

I have this:

..and would rather have this:

Read more here: Multifunctional components for BMW 5 series (E60)

Atle
Old 06-10-2005 | 03:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I don't have an answer for your question but I visited the website and noticed that it should be possible to fit a can of coke in the cooling compartment..

Very nice! I didn't knew that and I am gonna try that soon..
Attached Thumbnails Storage compartment swap?-multifunktionskomponente_bmw_5er_e60_p4.jpg  
Old 06-10-2005 | 06:11 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

In the US, we have this configuration in the center armrest (pardon the colored circles--pic from my iPod hardwire DIY post), which looks like the second pic in your post. When you open the center armrest, there's a coin holder compartment with its own cover (it's in the yellow circle in the pic--I removed it temporarily for the iPod install), and that compartment swivels upward and there's another compartment below it which has an adjustable A/C vent. The second pic shows the bottom compartment with my iPod in it.
Storage compartment swap?-1_coin_holder_removed.jpg

Storage compartment swap?-9_ipod_in_armrest.jpg
Old 06-10-2005 | 02:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by stream' date='Jun 10 2005, 07:11 AM
In the US, we have this configuration in the center armrest (pardon the colored circles--pic from my iPod hardwire DIY post), which looks like the second pic in your post.? When you open the center armrest, there's a coin holder compartment with its own cover (it's in the yellow circle in the pic--I removed it temporarily for the iPod install), and that compartment swivels upward and there's another compartment below it which has an adjustable A/C vent.? The second pic shows the bottom compartment with my iPod in it.
Attachment 8319

Attachment 8320
[snapback]138217[/snapback]

Did you get Peter Pan to do the instsall in the armrest?
Old 06-10-2005 | 02:44 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by BRISBMW' date='Jun 10 2005, 03:30 PM
Did you get Peter Pan to do the instsall in the armrest?
[snapback]138355[/snapback]
No, I did it myself. I had them install the aux input in the glovebox and I did the rest. Here's my post in the DIY section:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=12430

I thought about having them just install the aux input in the armrest, but decided to have it in the glove box in case I ever want to attach an audio device that wouldn't fit in the armrest.
Old 06-11-2005 | 12:29 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Sport Week 9

No coinholder compartment in my US car...When you open the first door, you get another small compartment that can either be opened or lifted out of the way to reveal the bottom compartment.
Old 06-11-2005 | 11:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TitaniumGray5' date='Jun 11 2005, 01:29 AM
No coinholder compartment in my US car...When you open the first door, you get another small compartment that can either be opened or lifted out of the way to reveal the bottom compartment.
[snapback]138499[/snapback]
That's what mine has--I just referred to the top compartment as the coin holder--it has a ripped rubber bottom so things don't clang around, and I throw my change in there.
Old 06-13-2005 | 07:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by stream' date='Jun 11 2005, 12:36 PM
[quote name='TitaniumGray5' date='Jun 11 2005, 01:29 AM']No coinholder compartment in my US car...When you open the first door, you get another small compartment that can either be opened or lifted out of the way to reveal the bottom compartment.
[snapback]138499[/snapback]
That's what mine has--I just referred to the top compartment as the coin holder--it has a ripped rubber bottom so things don't clang around, and I throw my change in there.
[snapback]138572[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ah, I would refer to that as more of a phone holder than coin but it can serve many purposes I suppose.

Nice write up in the links...gives me some ideas as I wanna remove that (stupid to me) coin/phone holder to get more space in the center console.