E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Stoptec vs Hawk Pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

if you want race compound get the hawk blue 9012 compound.

http://www.hawkperformance.com/motor...s/blue9012.php

my friend who is a porsche instructor for PCCA uses these exclusively for his dedicated track car. he just bought a few sets from me.

michael
acute performance

Originally Posted by Richard in NC
I've heard great things about the Hawk HPS but never had them. One down side, is they are not true track pads. I've heard once they hit max temp, they fade quickly. A friend nearly off'd his Evo 8 because of that. He said one turn, they were great, the next, slight fade, the next severe fade.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
if you want race compound get the hawk blue 9012 compound.

http://www.hawkperfo...ds/blue9012.php

my friend who is a porsche instructor for PCCA uses these exclusively for his dedicated track car. he just bought a few sets from me.

michael
acute performance
I used Hawk HT-10 pads on my M5. Even on track in cold weather, it was hard getting them to optimal temp.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

haha dtc70 Hawk... hahah if they make dust then they are stopping the car...The UPS truck sound is extra with these pads... hell I have absolutely no idea what I run with in daily driver mode! Just kiddin... dtc70 is a track only... but I would recommend hawk as well. If you call the corp office you get a person. You want to talk to someone technical about an application you ask and you get that person's cell number. i wish all company's were like this.

Link is for street use but again... you have to wash your rims or else they will look like your breaks are working and functioning properly... DUST is GOOD

http://www.summitrac...I/?keyword=hawk

for track days I NOW swap out the oem's and put in the dtc70 and swap them out before I go home.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Former Vendor

my price is better than summitracing

Originally Posted by dentity
haha dtc70 Hawk... hahah if they make dust then they are stopping the car...The UPS truck sound is extra with these pads... hell I have absolutely no idea what I run with in daily driver mode! Just kiddin... dtc70 is a track only... but I would recommend hawk as well. If you call the corp office you get a person. You want to talk to someone technical about an application you ask and you get that person's cell number. i wish all company's were like this.

Link is for street use but again... you have to wash your rims or else they will look like your breaks are working and functioning properly... DUST is GOOD

http://www.summitrac...I/?keyword=hawk

for track days I NOW swap out the oem's and put in the dtc70 and swap them out before I go home.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

my price is better than summitracing
Crap...!!!

Put me on your calender / google calender as a reminder to buy dtc 70 pads front rear next march or even end of august this year... have nhms and watkins glen going into september and october. maybe Monticello will put some wear on them. Stock pads i get free from the dealership.

you guys need to start publishing a weekly email update! man...make sure you put some really cheap suggestive sale items in there too... I like getting ups packages at work that say racing on it - very distracting!
Old 06-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Former Vendor

naaaaaw, you'll learn to always ask me first, right skeeter?

michael
acute performance

you guys need to start publishing a weekly email update! man...
Old 06-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Michael is the man! I learned through some purchase that he can't be beat!
Old 06-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Contributors

naaaaaw, you'll learn to always ask me first, right skeeter?

michael
acute performance
hahaha...
Old 06-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Contributors

hahaha...
man I love those hawk pads!! Holy shit they put the stop on my 4200 lbs 550!!! NO fade and came back for more every time... hawk DTC70 front and rear
Old 06-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Former Vendor

hawk is the way to go.

man I love those hawk pads!! Holy shit they put the stop on my 4200 lbs 550!!! NO fade and came back for more every time... hawk DTC70 front and rear

Quick Reply: Stoptec vs Hawk Pads