E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

stereo system install

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 06:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KU--

You can run the wires like any other car through the side railings in to the trunk and in to your amps. In terms of the processor it will be plugged in to its dedicated slot in the prohub and controlled by the Alpine TME-M740BT touchscreen, now be aware that what i am hearing is that not all functions are accessible or operations with the screen and Prohub, time correction being one of them. The way all tunning options will be displayed would be in menu forms rather than slopes etc. In any case you can always go to a shop plug the RUX controller and have them tune your car without actually buying it.

I will be dropping my car off Monday and will probably be done with the install on Friday afternoon. I have set the design so that the installer can view what im trying to do. In terms of speaker locations, according to my installer which is really, really good, it was very difficult to place the midbass in the doors as you can see it looks almost stock but he had to bring the speaker cutout , out a bit, if im not mistaken yours will have to come out even more as the depth on the rainbow CS is a little more than my CDT audio. A baffle will probably be impossible since the window railing is right behind. There needs to be enough clearance for the window to slide up and down. Make sure if your installer can't make a baffle for it that you do not remove the stock 4" speaker from the door and keep the door sealed completely that way there is no cancellation on front to back.

Will take pictures next week and show them, hopefully if i can make it to the shop i can take some install process pics.

Still, i congratulate you on your choice of components and sound equipment, very very good taste in sound Quality, SQ all the way!!!!