E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sprint Bosster (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys

I have read several threads on the Sprint Booster on this forum and I am one click away from ordering one.

But before the final click, can I have a question answered:

My car is a 525d M Sport and I would like to know if the SB would be of benefit on a diesel?

I obviously get a lag when accelerating but I had put this down to turbo lag.

Does the SB reduce / eliminate the turbo lag?

If not then what difference would it make to a diesel?

Hope you can help.

Thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Contributors

yes GET IT

it will eleminate the lag.petrol or diesel.it works the same. Many people b4 u wondered if it worked on diesel and the answer is yes
Old 05-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Contributors

bTW FlyingPUCK!!! whenever theres a SB question. There's always u and me in it.hahah
Old 05-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Nice to know you've got my back! And one more thing................GET THE SPRINT BOOSTER!!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:53 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 520da 2008 space grey ,

I install in 520DA and my car is very aggressive, I recommend if you want fast response in the gas pedal.

kosmo
Old 05-13-2008, 04:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

Just my opinion......I've had one for about a month now and the biggest and most pronounced thing that I feel with the Sprintbooster is the increased sensitivity of the gas pedal. I now believe the people that said all it does it fool the car into thinking you pressed the pedal more then you did. I really don't believe it changes any timing or lag type of thing with the transmission. Kind of a signal ampliflier if you will for the gas pedal. Don't get me wrong, I like it and if anyone drove my car they would probably think it was faster than one without the SB, but I have a couple of concerns around it as well (i.e. you definitely are working the car harder).

There I said it.....I know it won't be the most popular thing, but it's my honest opinion.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:25 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Tbone550i' post='579361' date='May 13 2008, 05:02 AM
Just my opinion......I've had one for about a month now and the biggest and most pronounced thing that I feel with the Sprintbooster is the increased sensitivity of the gas pedal. I now believe the people that said all it does it fool the car into thinking you pressed the pedal more then you did. I really don't believe it changes any timing or lag type of thing with the transmission. Kind of a signal ampliflier if you will for the gas pedal. Don't get me wrong, I like it and if anyone drove my car they would probably think it was faster than one without the SB, but I have a couple of concerns around it as well (i.e. you definitely are working the car harder).

There I said it.....I know it won't be the most popular thing, but it's my honest opinion.

+1 The car with the Sprint Booster will only think you're a Lead Foot.
But I have no concerns: This is my 6th BMW and I know they are all designed to be BEATEN on.
GET THE SPRINT BOOSTER!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Members

Well gents, the SB is on order.

I hope that it's as good as everyone says it is but I'm not 100% that it will give much difference in a diesel.

I'll let you all know once installed how it goes and what the ebay item number is if it's a let down.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Nephs' post='579731' date='May 13 2008, 06:28 PM

I hope that it's as good as everyone says it is but I'm not 100% that it will give much difference in a diesel.

I'll let you all know once installed how it goes and what the ebay item number is if it's a let down.

Congrats! You will enjoy it!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by Nephs' post='579731' date='May 13 2008, 03:28 PM

I'm SO sure that you will love the Sprint Booster, that if you don't, providenceleaf will refund EVERY penny of your purchase price!! Seriously, you WILL love this thing!!

Quick Reply: Sprint Bosster (Again)