E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sprint Booster install - can't remove Gas Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I just received the Sprint Booster for my 2007 550i SMG. Let me preface this by saying I have never done anything to a car but drive it and unscrew the license plate cover to put a new registration sticker on it

I feel like a fool, but I can't figure out how to open the gas pedal cover to install the darn thing! I looked around for instructions, but did not find any specific to my model (e.g. I cannot identify a "locking tab" on the side of the pedal). I do see a round circle on the base, not sure if I need to pop that out or what...

Anybody willing to help a complete newbie?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Jet Blk, Blk Int, SMG, Sport, Nav, Prem, CW Pack, L7, PDC

http://www.bukisa.com/videos/191672_...sprint-booster

not sure if this is helpful? didn't watch the video, but i think it's a step by step video of how to remove the pedal and install. focuses on different platforms, but assume the concept is the same..
Old 03-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

At the base of your gas pedal you'll see a circular black plastic tab. pry that off then use a allen wrench to unsxrew the once hidden bolt. Push up and to the front to release the pedal from the floor. Then you can watch the video again.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8
http://www.bukisa.com/videos/191672_...sprint-booster

not sure if this is helpful? didn't watch the video, but i think it's a step by step video of how to remove the pedal and install. focuses on different platforms, but assume the concept is the same..
Thanks - yeah I found that one but it mentions an "inspection hole" on the side, which I don't believe I have...
Old 03-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Maybe on the 3 series
Just one bolt for the 5-series. Very easy.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by KREED_550i
At the base of your gas pedal you'll see a circular black plastic tab. pry that off then use a allen wrench to unsxrew the once hidden bolt. Push up and to the front to release the pedal from the floor. Then you can watch the video again.
Ok, so I was on the right trail - I tried to get that circular tab out with the BMW flathead screw driver, but just ended up scratching it :S I'll find a thinner head screw driver and try that. Thanks much!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Your going in the right direction. Pop off the the plastic cap, underneath you will find a allen headed bolt (can't remember size), remove the bolt. I can't remember if there is a locking tab on the gas pedal assembly or not, if there is, it's easy enough to find. Unlock it (or not) and slide the assembly upwards. Behind the assembly you will see where the gas pedal plugs into a cable, unplug the cable, now plug your sprint booster in between that cable and the gas pedal assembly. You may find it difficult to fit the cable and sprint booster behind the gas pedal, what I did was cut the carpeting behind the gas pedal and slide it underneath, that way it can't be seen. Now just reassemble everything and try out that sprint booster!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

I think the Allen head is 5mm.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Contributors

Glad I could help. I haven't cut my carpet yet and I've had mine off a half dozen times maybe. It is a little hard at first to get the pedal back in place. Just don't force it. Start up top and gentle pull it back down until it meets up with the bolt hole.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by stoic1
Your going in the right direction. Pop off the the plastic cap, underneath you will find a allen headed bolt (can't remember size), remove the bolt. I can't remember if there is a locking tab on the gas pedal assembly or not, if there is, it's easy enough to find. Unlock it (or not) and slide the assembly upwards. Behind the assembly you will see where the gas pedal plugs into a cable, unplug the cable, now plug your sprint booster in between that cable and the gas pedal assembly. You may find it difficult to fit the cable and sprint booster behind the gas pedal, what I did was cut the carpeting behind the gas pedal and slide it underneath, that way it can't be seen. Now just reassemble everything and try out that sprint booster!
Thanks, all I needed was a small screwdriver to pry off the plastic cap and I was good to go!

Originally Posted by CWS530
I think the Allen head is 5mm.
Dead on!

Originally Posted by KREED_550i
Glad I could help. I haven't cut my carpet yet and I've had mine off a half dozen times maybe. It is a little hard at first to get the pedal back in place. Just don't force it. Start up top and gentle pull it back down until it meets up with the bolt hole.
I was able to squeeze the connectors behind the gas pedal so the cable is out of the way.

All in all, a successful first mod! But goodness, it's TOUCHY now, I had just learned the correct pedal positions and timing with the SMG but I'm going to have to go back to school for a bit
However, after driving around for about 15 minutes I felt more comfortable, put it in Sport Mode, ended up next to a 335i Sedan at a red light and smoked him twice in a row, woohoo!

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster install - can't remove Gas Pedal