E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

SPRINGS...which ones?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 12:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear Eibach's are good, and they lower about 1.2'' (both front & back?). But I also hear H&R's are good. And then I don't know which Eibach's/H&R's to chose from (Pro-kit, sport, etc.). But from what I've heard, the common opinion is that Eibach Pro's seem to be the best b/c they drop it but also maintain ride quality...Does anyone have them on this site? How do they ride? Are they cool to put on a 5er or can it screw up anything?

Basically, I'm getting springs, and I want any and all info. you guys can provide as to which ones I should get for an '05 545i w/ sport package that plans to be fitted w/ some 20's (x8.5/9F & x9.5/10R).
THANKS!
-Phil
Old 12-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

You'll actully be surprised the sport package with some 20's on it actully has a low look.. now of course its not gonna be the tucked look but its low.. I personally have H&R.. I don't think the H&R's lost ride quality actully if anyhting seemed to make it a bit stiffer and sportier
Old 12-27-2005, 08:35 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Like Hamann5 said, sports packaged cars will have a lower stance so you may want to install your wheels first and then decide if you still want to lower it.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Senior Members

FWIW, I'm through with H&R. It's not that I don't think the quality is good, and they do provide good customer service (at least from the Washington HQ; Tire Rack is a tossup). it's just that for real world USA conditions, I think the spring rate is too high. Yes, they look great. But I've used probably 15 sets in the last 4/5 years, and if you keep them long enough, you'll find that they are just plain uncomfortable. Over at the Benz boards, we've been successful in trying to locate the OE Euro spec springs from MB and AMG. I do wish we would check out if there are differing part numbers for OE US and ROW sport springs, and if they might do the trick with the ride height while keeping in the really nice ride quality.
Just my .02. Probably I'm just old now.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i automatic, Active steering, sport package, Sirius,Active head lights, black on black, Maya DTR 20x9"frnt 20x10"rear wheels polished- 245/30-20 frt 274/25-20 rear. comming soon= H&R sports line spring or better. window tint and hp tune if out there

I just in stalled the springs from bovairian.com install time no more than three hours . The look and ride is smooth. No lost ride quality. they lower perfect for 20x9 fr 20x10 rear big fat tires also with no rubbing....
Old 01-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i, Silver Grey Met, Black Leather, popular wood, premium package, cold weather package, sport package, nav, shades, 50% tint entire car, Proline Styling clear bra...e60 M5 on order production date in Jan 06.

Eibach is the only way to go. Most of the time other companies pay Eibach to make springs for them and stamp their name on it (with the exception of H & R) but Eibach is what ive always used and what people that ive installed for have like the most.