E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sound Clips of Moded 545i Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 02:08 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying to decide for some time now on which exhaust to get for my 545i: Remus, Eisenmann, or B&B. Thanks to this forum I found two somewhat local people that have the Eisenmann and B&B exhausts on their 545i, but no one yet with the Remus. The only one I know of who has the Remus is JDN, and I think he's located in Dallas.

Thanks to UK AUSSI I was able to hear and see the Eisenmann Racing version in person yesterday. It was a 75 mile ( one way) drive for me that was well worth it because audio clips are just not the same as being there in person. It sounded much better and more impressive in person.

Here are my observations of the Eisenmann Racing version:

1. The pipes and the finish look good.

2. I was very relieved that it hardly had any of the V8 gurgle that I don't like. Maybe the overall exhaust note subdued the V8 gurgle, but whatever the reason I was pleased with the sound. It had a very powerful, authoritative, and tight sound.

3. From the inside it was pretty quiet. I was worried that the Racing version was going to be too loud, but it was not. After hearing it I will never consider getting the Sport Version because it would probably be too quiet.

Hopefully I can arrange to meet up with the person who has the B&B so that I can compare it to the Eisenmann. <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Added on July 10th 2005:</span> I was able to meet with ch7656 and see/hear and take video clips of his B&B. You can scroll down to see the "B&B Exhaust" post or just CLICK HERE

Here are some links to various video clips that I took of UK AUSSI's car:

>>>>>Eisenmann Racing on 545i................Idling and Revving<<<<<

>>>>>Eisenmann Racing on 545i.......Inside Car with driver's window open<<<<<

>>>>>Eisenmann Racing on 545i.....Inside Car with all windows closed<<<<<

>>>>>Eisenmann Racing on 545i.....Outside Car / Accelerating<<<<<

>>>>>Eisenmann Racing on 545i......Outside Car / Passing<<<<<
Old 06-30-2005, 04:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

great noise .. i've been tempted for a while to change .. but for another reason. i WANT a more potent V8 gurgle.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

rodybmw-
never heard back from you...did you receive my e-mail?
Old 06-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Hmmm....i wanna get that exhaust and take the cats out.....should be crazy......
Old 06-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Jun 30 2005, 09:43 AM
rodybmw-
[snapback]144619[/snapback]

Actually I did not receive anything back from you. I assumed that you must have been busy. Did you send it to my e-mail address or did you PM me?
Old 06-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Jun 30 2005, 10:01 AM
[quote name='ch7656' date='Jun 30 2005, 09:43 AM']rodybmw-

Actually I did not receive anything back from you. I assumed that you must have been busy. Did you send it to my e-mail address or did you PM me?
[snapback]144650[/snapback]
[/quote]

PM...I think it was Sunday...told you I had Tues/Wed open and said I was looking forward to it...I thought it odd I didn't hear back from you...but I guess this explains it...drop me an e-mail and we'll pick a day (my office is by John Wayne Airport)
Old 06-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Jet Black, Auburn Dakota, Sport Package, Logic 7, Red rear reflectors, K&N intake filter

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Jun 30 2005, 09:04 AM
[quote name='rodybmw' date='Jun 30 2005, 10:01 AM'][quote name='ch7656' date='Jun 30 2005, 09:43 AM']rodybmw-

[/quote]

PM...I think it was Sunday...told you I had Tues/Wed open and said I was looking forward to it...I thought it odd I didn't hear back from you...but I guess this explains it...drop me an e-mail and we'll pick a day (my office is by John Wayne Airport)
[snapback]144654[/snapback]
[/quote]

Exhaust sounds nice from outside. Haven't really heard it as always driving

Let us know when you are going to kook up and I will see if I can also make it as I would like to hear the B&B
Old 07-01-2005, 05:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UKAussi' date='Jun 30 2005, 12:37 PM
[quote name='ch7656' date='Jun 30 2005, 09:04 AM'][quote name='rodybmw' date='Jun 30 2005, 10:01 AM'][quote name='ch7656' date='Jun 30 2005, 09:43 AM']rodybmw-

[/quote]

[snapback]144654[/snapback]
[/quote]

Exhaust sounds nice from outside. Haven't really heard it as always driving

Let us know when you are going to kook up and I will see if I can also make it as I would like to hear the B&B
[snapback]144724[/snapback]
[/quote]

you got it...I think we're shooting for wed/thur and will confirm on monday/tuesday...drop me an e-mail and I'll make sure you are a cc on any messages...looks like we have a mini-meet and greet in the makings...3 cars, 2 m-kits and 2 different types of exhausts...not bad...anyone else?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Contributors

Post a date and location, maybe I can stop by. The car is bone stock though :'(
Old 07-10-2005, 03:42 AM
Contributors

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>B&B EXHAUST</span>

I was able to hook up with ch7656 on Thursday and have a look/listen to his B&B Exhaust. I was able to take some pictures and video clips as well. Thank you very much ch. and here's my report:

In my first post above I listed all the things that I liked about the Eisenmann exhaust and I would have to say that the B&B did everything the Eisenmann did but a little better (IMO) in each area.

1. The pipes look even better than the Eisenmann. I always liked the 3.5" diameter of the B&B in the pictures, but I thought that I would not like the dual wall pipes vs. the single wall pipes. I was wrong, I liked the B&B's dual wall (thick wall) pipes better (see pics below). I generally like pipes that are the same diameter all the way from the muffler to the end, so I was worried that I would not like the B&B because the pipes have sort of a tapered look, but fortunately the fit with respect to the bumper was so nice and tight that I could only see the outer (3.5" diameter part) from almost all angles. One interesting thing about the B&B's tips was that the two tips were actually touching each other in the middle (no gap in between). In fact they were welded together in the middle. I don't know if it would be possible to have B&B weld only from the bottom instead of both top and bottom, but either way you can only see it if you get really close (see pics).

2. I mentioned in my Eisenmann report that I was relieved it did not have much or the V8 sound that I don't like. Well the B&B had even less of the V8 gurgle. It sounded almost like an I6, so I just loved the sound. It sounded even tighter than the Eisenmann, like the sound of a high tech precision machine.

3. The B&B was definately louder than the Eisenmann......both from inside and outside. I liked it a lot and would not say that it was too loud, however, if you would rather choose the quieter of the two then you should go with the Eisenmann. The B&B seemed to be loudest from inside between idle and 2000 RPM, and started to get quieter after 2000 RPM.

Here are some picture and video clips, but remember....just like it was the case with the Eisenmann the audio on these clips does not do it justice. Both the Eisenmann and the B&B sounded much better and more impressive in real life than these clips:

>>>>>B&B Triflo on 545i...........Idling and revving<<<<<

>>>>>B&B Triflo on 545i........Inside Car / Windows Closed<<<<<

>>>>>B&B Triflo on 545i...........Outside Car / Accelerating<<<<<

>>>>>B&B Triflo on 545i.........Outside Car / Passing<<<<<

Quick Reply: Sound Clips of Moded 545i Exhausts