E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Someone stole my license plate lights LOL

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011 | 05:58 PM
Senior Members

Yeah so the car was outside for 12+ hours this weekend at a public parking place. I came back and got 2 errors for the plate lights. I decided to check them out to my surprise the housing was gone LOL. The right side was scratched up! You cant see them so I don't mind. But can they fall off or did someone take them? I remember replacing those lights 2 years ago and it was a pain!

Second question is where can I get the housing? BMW must be $$$.
Old 09-07-2011 | 06:12 PM
Senior Members

Wow that is a new low - is there a hot market for those?
Old 09-07-2011 | 06:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i

khan where was your car ? in a garage?
Old 09-07-2011 | 06:37 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545i

That sucks. Why don't u go with the LED housings. And they are really simple to install
Old 09-07-2011 | 09:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

That sucks man. My co-worker just got her E90 OEM kidney grilles stolen over the wekend after watching a movie at the mall.
Old 09-07-2011 | 09:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Yeah so the car was outside for 12+ hours this weekend at a public parking place. I came back and got 2 errors for the plate lights. I decided to check them out to my surprise the housing was gone LOL. The right side was scratched up! You cant see them so I don't mind. But can they fall off or did someone take them? I remember replacing those lights 2 years ago and it was a pain!

You know, I was thinking about this the other day. I mean, these things are so easy to jack, lol. Thankfully that's pretty unheard of near me.

Originally Posted by leese8080
That sucks man. My co-worker just got her E90 OEM kidney grilles stolen over the wekend after watching a movie at the mall.
WHATDAFUCK. Doesn't the hood need to be open for the E90 to remove the grilles? She left her hood open?!
Old 09-07-2011 | 09:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
WHATDAFUCK. Doesn't the hood need to be open for the E90 to remove the grilles? She left her hood open?!
Yea man that was my first expression - WTF?! And get this - poor girl freaked out and went to Beverly Hills BMW to pay $200 for the grilles.

The hood was not open and the grilles were taken out cleanly, well according to her, without damaging anything else. No idea... I've never really paid much attention to the E90 grille. She has the 2009 528i convertible. Grille size looked similar to the E60, at least to me when I checked it out today.
Old 09-09-2011 | 06:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange

Hey Khan that sucks ,
You once helped me out for using the GP THunders 8500K V2 in my fogs ,remember?
Why don't you look for the full house replacements Led's,i have those from Rdasch for almost a year now.
Very happy with them,and how they look,
it was 2 minutes to install them,one minute a side must work,it's that easy!!!
And if you realy want the originals,i'm sure someone have them stored in the garage,like i have,
if i have live around,you could have them

Regards
Geert(Belgium)
Old 09-09-2011 | 10:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Cabrio freak
Hey Khan that sucks ,
You once helped me out for using the GP THunders 8500K V2 in my fogs ,remember?
Why don't you look for the full house replacements Led's,i have those from Rdasch for almost a year now.
Very happy with them,and how they look,
it was 2 minutes to install them,one minute a side must work,it's that easy!!!
And if you realy want the originals,i'm sure someone have them stored in the garage,like i have,
if i have live around,you could have them

Regards
Geert(Belgium)
Hey Geert. Yes I remember haha, how are your GP thunders holding up? Mine burnt out a few months ago. And I think I am going to buy the full housing LED in a few weeks and just for a while run without license plate lights lol. Thanks for the offer though!
Old 09-09-2011 | 10:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Sucks...I think I got my LED license plate housing from here. (Bought so many mods I forgot where I get them from).

http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...DE-264-39.html

Quick Reply: Someone stole my license plate lights LOL