E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Some very minor mods to E60

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:54 AM
oro
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i sport package
Default Some very minor mods to E60

I got my car in December and I'm absolutely loving it...

I have done a few things to it, and decided to post pics

The very first thing was to get new side markers. I got these from Trinity and they were great seller. I just now noticed that it does the hyper flash thing. I didn't think I had to worry about that on my 2008....?

Then got the silver coated indicator bulb in as well. I have seen those LED ones with built in resistors and I think I need to get those... These do look great though. They just light up a little bit too pale orange.

This one I'm not so sure about, but I'll give it some time. The matte black model name emblems. I do like the look, but at the same time the rest of my mods are not 'oh look I like to mod my car' changes, but very subtle and just make for a cleaner look. We'll see, I might go back to stock on this....

Finally, and most important: Tinting that hideous orange reflector! What an eye-sore! I realize its usage.... it's just terribly ugly. Just awful. This is the Rust oleum tint and clear coat.

This is with only one of them buffed, the other one just sanded

Looks MUCH better.

And still reflects

cheers !

Last edited by oro; 02-08-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:28 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport

I was just thinking about starting a similar post.

One modification outside of OEM that I really like is the use of magnetic drain plugs for the oil, transmission and differential.

I use the ones from MAGNETIC DRAIN PLUGS and this mod seems to make really good sense to me.

The magnets are super powerful, and they are working 100% of the time pulling metal particles out of your oil/fluids. I think the Diff and Manual Trans plugs are well worth installing as these fluids have no filtering to them so the magnet will draw any minute metal particles out of your fluids.

Even for the engine or automatic transmissions, I like the idea of pulling metal particles out of the oil before reaching the filter.

Nobody will ever see this modification but I think its performance advantages are worth a look.

I see some of them on EBay for a whole lot less cash, and perhaps for the trans and diff that's fine, but for the crankcase oil, I'd stay with Dimple.

Are they absolutely required? Nah. Just like any other modification. Cars have run for almost 100 years without them so it's up to you. Call me a sucker, but I went with it.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:08 PM
New Members

Nice choice in cars. I just bought an 08 550i Sport in December , too. MIne is white, though. Loving it! I've been thinking of painting my front reflectors in white.....basically to make them diappear.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Members

I've thought about going to the black emblems from time to time. I have the same tendency with exteriors, making changes to get a cleaner presentation and losing some of what I think of as the jewelry. The reflector treatment here has me interested.

Anyway, where I was going with that is...I picked up my 535i, amd it turned out that the trunk deck was debadged when I got it. Now that I've had it for a while, I really kind of like that look. Nothing on the back but the roundel. You might give that some thought instead of the black.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Nice! What about the grills?
Old 02-08-2013, 03:49 PM
oro
New Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

Originally Posted by JWMich
I've thought about going to the black emblems from time to time. I have the same tendency with exteriors, making changes to get a cleaner presentation and losing some of what I think of as the jewelry. The reflector treatment here has me interested.

Anyway, where I was going with that is...I picked up my 535i, amd it turned out that the trunk deck was debadged when I got it. Now that I've had it for a while, I really kind of like that look. Nothing on the back but the roundel. You might give that some thought instead of the black.

Thinking about debadged as well, it's very clean. The one thing I like a lot about the black emblems on a black car is that at night, or from a distance, it does look debadged.

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
Nice! What about the grills?
Very undecided on that! I keep staring at pictures... lol
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

LOL! Just DO IT already
Old 02-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Looking nice. I debadged mine and I think it looks much cleaner.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Great set of mods to start with. I can almost guarantee that you are not done with the modding. Once it starts, you'll never stop lol. Thanks for sharing the pics. Beautiful car.

Last edited by Kaizen; 02-09-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Great set of mods to start with. I can almost guarantee that you are not done with the modding. Once it starts, you'll never stop lol. Thanks for sharing the pics. Beautiful car.
+1000 THis is so true, ESPECIALLY as a member of this forum

Quick Reply: Some very minor mods to E60