E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Some pics on my eyebrow mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Nanoi
Yes its an LCI. Im located in Sweden . My next mod will be LEDS on the door handle.
REally? I've been waiting to do that forever!! but I know the E90 handles wont fit. How will you go about doing it?

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Man that is so hot. I wish I knew someone that could do this to my Pre-LCI headlights. /cry
You can always ship it over to me if you want..

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Nice job.

They look really bright! Do they overpower the brightness/look of the Angel Eyes or is it the picture that overemphasizes them?
Not really, it adds to it. The angel eyes for the LCI are definitely brighter. As for the Pre LCI, it compliments it and doesn't over power it either.

Originally Posted by Nanoi
They are superbright at the side "dazzled" by looking into. I think I will install HID for the angel eyes.
Go for it! and post pics! It'll match it perfectly!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

looks great! Just completed my eyebrow mod a few days ago thanks to support from member nigxdoof. Looks awsome, but as i dont have xenons i can't get my angel eyes to get any brighter. At the moment my eyebrows are like a super bright white colour and my angels look horrible with the yellow look. I wish i had xenon headlights so i could just get the MTECH LED markers. Need to do something about the angel eyes very soon but don't know what the solution is going to be
Old 04-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Johal: Orion v2

Nanoi: I don't have LCI, so this might be a silly question. How come your AE's are not turned on when you have the eyebrows on?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc

Nanoi: I don't have LCI, so this might be a silly question. How come your AE's are not turned on when you have the eyebrows on?
Becauase his car is not turned on.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Senior Members

Will the orion v2's fit my headlights as they are not xenon. When i went on the website it says at one part of the page for xenon headlights only then on another part it says fits all halgon and xenon. Do you know anyone who's fitted it to the halagon headlights?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Becauase his car is not turned on.
It should not matter if I recall correctly. In order for the eyebrows to be on, he should have it at parking light, which in turn should turn on the AE's as well. I thought I remember this as I have worked on a number of LCI cars already.

Originally Posted by johal
Will the orion v2's fit my headlights as they are not xenon. When i went on the website it says at one part of the page for xenon headlights only then on another part it says fits all halgon and xenon. Do you know anyone who's fitted it to the halagon headlights?
Me! I have halogens myself, that's why I went through with the Orion's! The rings on the low beam is not super perfect fit, but it does not really matter very much, as you can't readily tell unless you are up-close. Go dig up my picture thread about it from last year
Old 04-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Senior Members

It should not matter if I recall correctly. In order for the eyebrows to be on, he should have it at parking light, which in turn should turn on the AE's as well. I thought I remember this as I have worked on a number of LCI cars already.

Me! I have halogens myself, that's why I went through with the Orion's! The rings on the low beam is not super perfect fit, but it does not really matter very much, as you can't readily tell unless you are up-close. Go dig up my picture thread about it from last year
cool just read your thread now on the orion V2's. Do you think if i've done the whole white eyebrow mod myself already i would be able to open the headlight to fit the orion V2's in? I found the eyebrow mod to be pretty straight forward but i don't know about ripping the headlight appart? Did you use any other tools then a soldering iron?
Old 04-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Johal, get this, This is an alternative. Its an awesome tool.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Though its $99 at home depot, you can get it from harbor freight for half the price. Only thing is, doesn't look as well made / fancy as the Dremel / home depot brand. But definitely an alternative for the mod.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

That looks so sick
I wish I could do that on my 530i
how much are you looking @ for the part?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Members

[quote name='nigxdoof' date='26 April 2010 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1272299229' post='1160659']
REally? I've been waiting to do that forever!! but I know the E90 handles wont fit. How will you go about doing it?

I think I'll drill a hole something like that . I have just change the "puddle lights" under the mirror for brighter leds. I will take a few picture tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Some pics on my eyebrow mod