E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

solution for integrating aftermarket stereo

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E61 525D 2008 m-sport

Would they be able to code the care for logic7 when the Logic7 amp isn?t present? I think that when they code the car the software check if the correct partnumber for the amp is present and if no Logic7 amp is found the code would fail.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='1058222' date='Nov 19 2009, 11:49 AM
Hello Mr. Bruce,

Yes for making the AGWPlus working you need the LOGIC7 option coded, the normal HI-FI it's not enough for to have the audio signal and amplifier commands inside the optical fiber cables.

The LOGIC7 option can be coded by BMW services.

Feel free to contact us for any other requersts

Best Regards

Motus Lab srl
Piazza Giardino, 1
61030 SALTARA (PU)
Tel./fax +39 0721 716838
www.motuslab.com
Old 11-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by haugejan' post='1059167' date='Nov 20 2009, 12:48 PM
Would they be able to code the care for logic7 when the Logic7 amp isn?t present? I think that when they code the car the software check if the correct partnumber for the amp is present and if no Logic7 amp is found the code would fail.

I think you're correct. I just did a Navi-retrofit on my nav pre-wired 530. I got a brand new professional screen off an X5 and the CCC from another 5 series. I have standard sound...a component set in front doors and 2 sets in my rear deck with two woofers under seat. I wanted the navigation portion without hacking it all up but decided to go OEM. Before the retrofit the amp in the rear never worked therefore subs did not. Checked the amp inputs and had power/gnd/remote but no input. I installed the unit, had no sound. Took to dealer to get MP3 coded and Aux put in....Sound is back but no woofers. Same issue with tiny amp. Aux does not work. i think that the leads in back of CCC do not work unless it's coded. Computer is all up to date. The reason I mention this is because to do the coding I made them pull a 5 series pro screen out of their parts to do the coding as it didnt recognize my X5 screen. Now I tap into rear speakers to get hi-level inputs and get about 50 watts of power off a 325 watt RMS Sony amp with gain all the way up. It hits like a 4" woofer. Ridiculous.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Yes the CCC needs to be coded for Hi-Fi or L7. However I think Hi-Fi (US std) can be coded without the amp actually being there because the amp is a paasive analogue unit. There is no way the CCC can interogate the amp's presence or absence. However with the L7 (and most other modules) the CCC will check if the device is actually on the BUS or not before it installs the software.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i sport, stick, L7, sat, nav. Charcoal/ runflat/ cdv delete. Suede headliner/ trunk, 3 way front speakers, four 8" subs in rear shelf, ACM, iPod dock in ash tray using gateway 500 with MP3 text and video on screen, MRTM aluminum pedals/ door pins, 10 farad cap, sound processor, line conditioner, 2 amps ( 4x100 and 2x200)

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='1060622' date='Nov 23 2009, 12:30 AM
Yes the CCC needs to be coded for Hi-Fi or L7. However I think Hi-Fi (US std) can be coded without the amp actually being there because the amp is a paasive analogue unit. There is no way the CCC can interogate the amp's presence or absence. However with the L7 (and most other modules) the CCC will check if the device is actually on the BUS or not before it installs the software.

+1 There are no can bus wires going to the L7 amp, all communication is done thru the MOST optical network.

It is just like when the Gateway 500 first came out 4 years ago and we had to program the CDC function in order to use it on a non CDC cars. You actually had to plug in a BMW changer in order to load the CDC software, after that, the changer could be removed from the car and the CCC did not have any errors. ( This process is no longer needed for the gateway 500 since you can now load gateway software onto the CCC instead of the CDC software).