E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

So what kind of power increase if any for these mods on a 545i?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what kind of power increase if any for these mods on a 545i?

Just curious if anyone thinks having a ram air cold intake pipe
Name:  SAM_0685.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  199.8 KB

BMC filter and RPI exhaust gives any power increase if any?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

dyno pre and post mod install...let us know what you come up with...
Old 12-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gene
dyno pre and post mod install...let us know what you come up with...
I was looking for more of an estimate, suggestions or some kind of input.... than to go spend money on a dyno........I woulda done that already if that was the case.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by 545IblupasdU
I was looking for more of an estimate, suggestions or some kind of input.... than to go spend money on a dyno........I woulda done that already if that was the case.
looks like you already have everything installed, why wouldn't you want to get a dyno?

estimate or not, secondary info has a few variables...dyno, dyno operator, even the driving style of invidual can effect the outcome measures..

also: increases in hp are not cumalative: meaning the RPI scoops are 1-2 hp increases where the RPI exhaust is ???? (not even sure what that number is, but let's say 10 hp hyporthetically), that does not translate to + 11 or 12 hp...

so your exact set up, especially since you have a self made scoop vs rpi scoop or other brand would not really apply, hence an independent dyno....motorcepts is local to you and has a dyno correct? Dyno's don't run too much....I'm actually a bigger fan of vbox measurement rather than dyno numbers, but dyno numbers tend to be the normal form of measurement...

in any case, good luck with your search, I wasn't trying to just be vague and useless with my original post...
Old 01-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gene
looks like you already have everything installed, why wouldn't you want to get a dyno?

estimate or not, secondary info has a few variables...dyno, dyno operator, even the driving style of invidual can effect the outcome measures..

also: increases in hp are not cumalative: meaning the RPI scoops are 1-2 hp increases where the RPI exhaust is ???? (not even sure what that number is, but let's say 10 hp hyporthetically), that does not translate to + 11 or 12 hp...

so your exact set up, especially since you have a self made scoop vs rpi scoop or other brand would not really apply, hence an independent dyno....motorcepts is local to you and has a dyno correct? Dyno's don't run too much....I'm actually a bigger fan of vbox measurement rather than dyno numbers, but dyno numbers tend to be the normal form of measurement...

in any case, good luck with your search, I wasn't trying to just be vague and useless with my original post...
yea the stuff has been on for a whie now........I just got curious because I raced a 2012 535 and beat him Im also getting 0-60 times of 4.8-5.0 seconds repeatedly using gps based systems, I downloaded 2 other gps based programs and gonna try with those to see if theres a difference. I been to Motorcepts at least 10 times and didnt notice a dyno or never seen people being dynoed........Ill ask them.

Its cool, I was just looking for some opinions thanks for your time!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Senior Members

ran some more 0-60 runs with Fastest Droid and GPS speed (both GPS based)and got an average of 4.988 after 6 runs that was in DS mode...and a bit of tire spin...Ill keep messing with it