E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Slapped a vortech on my 530! WOW

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I read through many posts as I am new here but as I know I am the first to put a super charger on an 60 no?

It was a long evening/night and early morning but it is now on. Basically a bolt-on vortech supercharger stage 1 with 7ps of boost which is not at all that much boost and supposedly good for 105 hp increased especially on the top end.

I can post some detailed mods and pictures in the next week or so when I get around to doing some photos and if anyone is interested in specific questions you can shoot me a message but I am off to enjoy the evening with this thing.

Took about 10 hours of work and I had my friend helping me-we both are novice/amateur mechanics but the instructions and install is not bad at all.

The car is RIDICULOUSLY fast right now. I cannot even believe what a supercharger does to this car. I have an 06 530 by the way.

I was in the market for a 535 or possibly a 550 but with the new f10 probably 3 years away I have decided to keep this and do the supercharger until the F10 is out since I hate having a dated car.

The thing is quite tame at the low end but once you hit 4k-7k it just rips the street a part and launches you. SUCH a huge difference from stock. It ran me 7k for the supercharger.

Obviously it may effect long-term reliability but I am getting rid of the car in approximatly 2.5 years. It is also completely bolt-on and can be removed which is much quicker than install. So if something big goes wrong I will have to take it off to go to the dealer but for small stuff I will get work done locally and just pay for my own maintence work.

Definetly fufilled my hunger for more power and now is quicker than a 535 by far and probalby runs right along the 550. Will have do do a dyno run to see what t is putting down.

VERY fun mod needless to say. Time to go enjoy!
Old 10-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your DME updated for Vortech SC, did you replaced the injectors as well? cams? tell us more details!

I'm ready to go for ESS twin screw. Did you consider ESS TS? What is the Vortech's advantages Vs TS?
Vortech is more costly with much less parts offered with the kit. ie: EES kit contains intercooler, injectors, forged alu intake manifold, hoses, TS compressor, pulley, DME programming, etc, and the most important thing is that it kicks in from 1500rpm - @ 2400 is running at its max torque, straight up to the 6700rpm. (....launching with 2nd )
Vortech kit, includes only compressor, belt, pulley, simlpe air intake/filter, brackets and bolts.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Senior Members

Cool

i dont have a petrol e60, however for sure i would like to read this post, wanna see how much has been changed/experienced?

await pics anxiously..!
Old 10-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned

Woa that is not at all true-vortech came with all of the above you mentioned-specifically important an intercooler which is really cool. It comes with a new engine cover which has the intercooler as part of the engine cover area. Comes with pulleys and everything else you mentioned.

To be honest I knew the vortech name is been around forever and just trusted the name more than actually having done any research because to be honest NOBODY has super charged an e60 as far as I ever found so not much comparisons to make.

And yes sent them my ECU and they did program it for me and sent it back to me via overnight.

Guys I am really an amateur but their directions and the help of my more experienced friend was what made this possible. This week when I get some time I will post a more detailed install post and some more responses.

Just spent the evening cruising around and having a blast. The charger kicks in around 2k and then really blasts off at 4k. Obviously I prefer a turbo any day of the week but it got to the point I needed a more powerful car and this was the only option other than buying a new car.

I am sure the other brand you mentioned is fine but vortech is a huge company with a huge name in superchargers-it is pretty much the gold standard for chargers in the industry so I felt most comfortable with them.

I also feel very comfortable with 7psi of boost since I know the car can handle that with not a heck of a lot of strain.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 Black Saphire 525i.Full M-Tech body kit

where did you get the supercharger kit?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Hi redwhiteblue and congratulations!

I would like to install it in the future .

Where di you get it and how much the whole kit costs ?

Finally, pics pics pics
Old 10-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Carbon Black, Black Dakota, Black Diamond Trim, 6sp Sport Automatic with Paddles, M-Sport Package, Premium Package

Very interesting. I am looking forward to pictures, dyno report, and some testing. Please keep us posted.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d
Model Year: E61 2006

Originally Posted by FRANK970' post='478904' date='Oct 7 2007, 08:46 PM
Very interesting. I am looking forward to pictures, dyno report, and some testing. Please keep us posted.
+1
Old 10-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Senior Members

pics!
Old 10-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

congrats on the added power..I'm interested in pics. BTW where are you located?

Quick Reply: Slapped a vortech on my 530! WOW