E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sirius/NAV install success

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i - Titanium Grey/Grey/SMG/Nav/sports pack/premium pack/sirius prep

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Dec 19 2004, 05:02 PM
nickferr and doctorj,

Is there any further news on Sirius compatibility with NAV for retrofit yet? Mine was one that was required to be built after march announcement of conflict with either prep or sirius (and NAV) so I have no prep for sat in my car.
[snapback]70556[/snapback]
My service appointment is Thursday. They are updating the software to version 13.3 and installing Sirius. I'll let you know how it goes.

Somewhat related question - does anyone know whether bluetooth activation requires a seperate procedure or will the software version update take care of it?

Nick
Old 12-19-2004, 04:28 PM
Senior Members

Nickferr,

you do need 13.3 or later, however from what they just did to my car, they need to set up the BT so that it is active. I don't know if that is possible for the owner to do by oneself or not. Also, the tech removed a cable connector spacer in my trunk as well.

Rudy, thanks for that info. I saw you metion that earlier, but I was unclear about what it referred to. I guess since Nickferr had the sirius prep already, he's not really a test example for those of use without the prep. I assume you are interested in Sirius as well and don't have the prep?
Old 12-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i - Titanium Grey/Grey/SMG/Nav/sports pack/premium pack/sirius prep

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Dec 19 2004, 08:28 PM
Nickferr,

you do need 13.3 or later, however from what they just did to my car, they need to set up the BT so that it is active. I don't know if that is possible for the owner to do by oneself or not.? Also, the tech removed a cable connector spacer in my trunk as well.

Rudy, thanks for that info. I saw you metion that earlier, but I was unclear about what it referred to.? I guess since Nickferr had the sirius prep already, he's not really a test example for those of use without the prep.? I assume you are interested in Sirius as well and don't have the prep?
[snapback]70622[/snapback]
Thanks gdavis for the BT info.

May I just say that this thread is another example of how this is the best E60 forum on the net. The sharing of information by everyone is good for all of us. It is much more productive than the pointless debate or bickering at other sites. Thanks everybody.

Nick
Old 12-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Dec 19 2004, 08:28 PM
Rudy, thanks for that info. I saw you metion that earlier, but I was unclear about what it referred to.? I guess since Nickferr had the sirius prep already, he's not really a test example for those of use without the prep.? I assume you are interested in Sirius as well and don't have the prep?
[snapback]70622[/snapback]
I'm anxious for Thursday to see what happens with nickferr's car. I'm not too optimistic that they'll be able to do the Sirius -- no matter what they've told him. I hope I'm wrong...

I do have pre-wiring but my understanding of the situation is that the way they resolved the conflict on the MY05 cars is that they changed the wiring harness. Maybe they had to add wires or something. The challenge right now with the retrofit for MY04 cars seems to be related to how to go about adding whatever wires they need to make it work. That raises the question whether my pre-wiring is worth anything at this point. Maybe once they figure it out, they'll be able to add it to cars with or without pre-wiring since either way they're going to have to tear apart the car and add some wires??
Old 12-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Senior Members

Rudy,

Oh, now I think I get the picture on the satellite issues. I had spoken with BMWNA a month ago and they told me (probably mistakenly) that I could now get sirius retrofitted as long as I had the prep. (which of course I don't have, since they forced me out of it).

But let's see about Nick's progress this week.

Also, it looks like you don't have BT since you have 12.2 in your car. Why no BT???? It's a blast!!!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

When I ordered the car, it didn't look as if Bluetooth was ever going to work with MY04 cars so I went with the CPT9000. I always leave that phone in the car and carry a different one with me. Maybe one of these days I'll get the BT retrofit but for now, I'm fine with two phones and two numbers...
Old 12-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i, Black Sapphire Metallic, NAV, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenon Headlamps, Heated Steering Wheel

I also had issues trying to get Sirius into my MY04 530 back in August. Park Ave BMW in Maywood, NJ had the car for a week and couldn't get it to work because of the software issues. At the time, they couldn't tell whether it was the NAV or anything else. Hopefully nickferr gets it to work and then I can bring it back in and have it done. At the time, there was a tech from PeterPan BMW on the west coast that I saw on roadfly that said he had done it, but couldn't anymore becuase of "BMWNA issues." Again, this was all back in August, so hopefully we'll have a success story this time around.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, sundstrom !
Old 12-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i, Black Sapphire Metallic, NAV, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenon Headlamps, Heated Steering Wheel

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Dec 20 2004, 06:14 PM
Welcome aboard, sundstrom !
[snapback]70907[/snapback]

thanks. found this site through google looking for bluetooth and sirius fixes for my 530. great site.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, sundstrom !

Quick Reply: Sirius/NAV install success