E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 01:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i titanium silver, black leather, poplar wood trim, sport pkg, cold weather pkg, nav, hud, premium/logic 7 sound, lumbar, folding/heated rear seats. BT retrofit, NO pre-wire!

I will echo kudos from other new members, as this site has helped me inform my dealer on numerous occassions!

So here's the (current) issue...I originally ordered my 545i w/nav and w/satellite pre-wire during the time when BMWNA supposedly said there is no need for pre-wire as it there would eventually be a software fix. I told my dealer that I wanted to order and install the pre-wire anyway and paid for it. When the car came back, it was w/out pre-wire so my dealer refunded my $70. I didnt cause a fuss at the time because a fix still seemed likely.

Now that I have pursued the issue, BMWNA claims the order they received did not include pre-wire, while my dealer claims they submitted it. No one is/was willing to take responsibility. When I pressed further, my dealer said they talked to BMWNA and now suddenly have a "fix" which they claim is BMWNA authorized - includes various parts and splicing! I called BMWNA and they say no fix is available for cars not pre-wired!

Please help!!

ps Also curious as to which dealer Rudy uses in the 'Burgh.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Hey! Another Pittsburgher! I think we have 4 plus a Morgantown, WV member -- getting close to a meet, methinks...

Happyq, I use the best BMW dealer in the 'burgh, Bobby Rahal. How about you?
Old 04-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i titanium silver, black leather, poplar wood trim, sport pkg, cold weather pkg, nav, hud, premium/logic 7 sound, lumbar, folding/heated rear seats. BT retrofit, NO pre-wire!

NOW you tell me. Sewickley...
Old 04-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, Happyg !
Old 04-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Members

Thanks! Glad to be here...
I actually I have some other issues that others have posted on this board (seals, tires, rattle, etc.) Are these things that Rahal might be more helpful with even if I made the mistake of not going with them in the first place?
Old 04-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Happyg' date='Apr 15 2005, 12:24 AM
Are these things that Rahal might be more helpful with even if I made the mistake of not going with them in the first place??
[snapback]115535[/snapback]
I would say you can go where ever you like for service. You may not get the good loaners though. Welcome to the board!
Old 04-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Happyg' date='Apr 14 2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks!? Glad to be here...
I actually I have some other issues that others have posted on this board (seals, tires, rattle, etc.)? Are these things that Rahal might be more helpful with even if I made the mistake of not going with them in the first place??
[snapback]115535[/snapback]
Another forum member, ledbettm, was using A&L and decided to give Bobby Rahal a shot at his last service. He showed up on a Saturday (service department closed) and a salesman ended up giving him a loaner and arranging for his appointment anyway. Imagine what they'd have done if he was an established customer! I'm pretty sure he's satisfied with the way they fixed his car. I do know that they did a runflat replacement through BMW and they also fixed his phone cradle that nobody else could fix. (Do a search under his user name and you'll see some additional information.)

BTW, Rahal uses 3-series, X3s, and X5s as loaners. All are fairly new and in nice shape...
Old 04-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Members

Back to the original topic . . .

I am in the same situation. Car was ordered with Sat. Prep option, but came through without it. Dealer told me there was a "conflict" with the Nav. system.

May 2004 build date.

Is there a fix?
Old 04-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry for the hijack...

Here are two threads regarding the latest information I can remember seeing here. I think the first linked thread is due for an update...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=7804

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=8641
Old 05-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Members

Here is the update. My dealer claims to have a PUMA case solution authorized by BMWNA to, in essence, retrofit the pre-wire. Unfortunately, while they claim to charge me just the original $75 for the retrofit - which will cost them more, they are charging $1025.55 to install the radio! Here are the charges:

Install Sat Radio Reciever $495 parts, $324 labor (4 hrs)
Install Sat Radio Antenna $60 parts, labor incld
Install Sat Radio Antenna kit $25 parts, labor incld
Program Car for Sat Radio $81 labor (1hr)

They claim the 1.5 hours recommended is not reality. Problem is since I am relying on them for the retrofit, I may be stuck.

Beyond that, no one else has mentioned a Programming fee or Antenna w/Kit.
Is the Antenna part of the factory "pre-wire"

Please help!!

Quick Reply: Sirius