E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Silver and Black?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005 | 06:04 PM
Members

I had a set of 20x9 and 20x10 Maya STM wheels on my '06 530i and had problems with the anodizing on the lip. The dealer/distributor took them back and offered me a new set. I went with the black and chrome Maya DTV's but have to wait a month as they are new and will be coming from Japan. I've seen a set of Maya LTD (the limited edition) wheels on my car and they LOOKED COOL AS HELL. The problem is I can't get a set because they only made 100 world wide and they are sold out.

I just wanted to see what other people thought about the "silver and black" concept? I also bought a shadow black front grille from Bimmian the other day and it matches the trim perfectly. If nothing else it will be "different"...
Old 10-15-2005 | 06:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by JoeElliott' date='Oct 15 2005, 09:04 PM
I had a set of 20x9 and 20x10 Maya STM wheels on my '06 530i and had problems with the anodizing on the lip.? The dealer/distributor took them back and offered me a new set.? I went with the black and chrome Maya DTV's but have to wait a month as they are new and will be coming from Japan.? I've seen a set of Maya LTD (the limited edition) wheels on my car and they LOOKED COOL AS HELL.? The problem is I can't get a set because they only made 100 world wide and they are sold out.

I just wanted to see what other people thought about the "silver and black" concept?? I also bought a shadow black front grille from Bimmian the other day and it matches the trim perfectly.? If nothing else it will be "different"...
[snapback]184769[/snapback]
Some like the silver/black concept very much and some don't like it as much as silver/silver. These threads contain some contrasting examples:

Silver/Black--with black grill (more pics in the reader pics section I think)

Silver/Silver--I prefer the silver/silver; it wasn't clear to me if you wanted to consider this combination or not. There's alway the silver/chrome option. And, there's the silver/black diamond (BBS) option.
Old 10-15-2005 | 06:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

Originally Posted by JoeElliott' date='Oct 15 2005, 09:04 PM
I had a set of 20x9 and 20x10 Maya STM wheels on my '06 530i and had problems with the anodizing on the lip.? The dealer/distributor took them back and offered me a new set.? I went with the black and chrome Maya DTV's but have to wait a month as they are new and will be coming from Japan.? I've seen a set of Maya LTD (the limited edition) wheels on my car and they LOOKED COOL AS HELL.? The problem is I can't get a set because they only made 100 world wide and they are sold out.

I just wanted to see what other people thought about the "silver and black" concept?? I also bought a shadow black front grille from Bimmian the other day and it matches the trim perfectly.? If nothing else it will be "different"...

For starters, welcome aboard! You will find everyone has a different opinions about the color combinations, the only thing that matters is how well you like them. I personally would say that I am not a big fan of black wheels, however, when you see them on polepositions car, they look great.

Check this out...

Silver/Black
Old 10-16-2005 | 10:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JoeElliott' date='Oct 15 2005, 06:04 PM