E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Side Markers 2008 E60 550I

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crappy dealer will no replace my "environmentally" faded side markers under warranty. And to make matters worst they replaced a co-worker's side makers under warranty go figure? My question is how hard is it replace them myself?
Old 11-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Side markers? They snap right out... 10 minutes tops for both sides combined. It will cost you $30-40. Push them towards the rear of the car and lift out... unplug the wire, plug the new one in and insert allowing it to slide forward and lock in place. If I were you I would opt to replace them with an aftermarket clear or smoked lens and LED anyway and forget about the warranty issue..
Old 11-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i - Sport Package, Sport Transmission, Active Steering, Navigation, Comfort Access, 7 Logic Stereo

Yeah, they are cheap and super easy to replace. I got some LED ones from JLevi and they work great.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

I got some LED's from Jlevi but when you turn the car on they flicker. I kind of like that effect,lol!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Members

Picked up some JLevi LEDs very happy with the quality thanks for recommending them.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Led's are cool, I got mine from trinity and they are the 3 led version but one thing I HATE about the led side markets, they keep flashing for nothing.

You start the car, they flash. You keep driving and someone times they flash for nothing.

The reason being that the car sends out a signal to the bulbs to check if they are working or not and this signal, though its just for a millisecond, has current enough to light up the led's.
And thus they keep flashing.

It doesnt happen in the normal bulb version because it takes a lot of power to light up a bulb when compared to the LED and hence never happens
Old 12-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
Led's are cool, I got mine from trinity and they are the 3 led version but one thing I HATE about the led side markets, they keep flashing for nothing.

You start the car, they flash. You keep driving and someone times they flash for nothing.

The reason being that the car sends out a signal to the bulbs to check if they are working or not and this signal, though its just for a millisecond, has current enough to light up the led's.

It doesnt happen in the normal bulb version because it takes a lot of power to light up a bulb when compared to the LED and hence never happens

Thanks for the feedback. I've read a few posts like yours and decided to smoke spray my OEM. They look fine!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Members

Are there brands that don't flicker/strobe?
Old 12-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Members

Oops. double post. Now I know how that happens
Old 12-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss

Just disable the cold check, then no more flashing.

Quick Reply: Side Markers 2008 E60 550I