E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

satellite Navigation - safety Cameras

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

New to this Forum - I have just bought a e50 bmw 520S se with Business Sat Nav -- I really miss the speed camera notification from my tom tom, and was wondering could i do anything with the Business sat Nav --- Apparently I have the new sat nav as before business sat nav only showed arrows and directions. Saying that this is the first time I have had a BMW and dont know if salesman was just giving me some flannel.

Also is there anyway that I can get the voice dailing working -- I tried putting on different tones but it does not recognise me. Quite frustrating.

Hope you can help --- I did have brief look round site to see if the above was answered but must admit I found nothing -- Pls remember I'm New.

Thanks

Mark
Old 06-02-2008, 05:13 AM
Members

My Ride: Mystic Blue Nov 2004 5.30d SE :: Bluetooth :: Prof Nav :: TV :: Auto :: Beige Leather :: 18'' M Sport Alloys :: Folding Mirrors :: Headlight Washers

Originally Posted by wiseman69' post='593411' date='Jun 2 2008, 12:49 PM
Hi,

New to this Forum - I have just bought a e50 bmw 520S se with Business Sat Nav -- I really miss the speed camera notification from my tom tom, and was wondering could i do anything with the Business sat Nav --- Apparently I have the new sat nav as before business sat nav only showed arrows and directions. Saying that this is the first time I have had a BMW and dont know if salesman was just giving me some flannel.

Also is there anyway that I can get the voice dailing working -- I tried putting on different tones but it does not recognise me. Quite frustrating.

Hope you can help --- I did have brief look round site to see if the above was answered but must admit I found nothing -- Pls remember I'm New.

Thanks

Mark
Hi and Welcome

So is yours an e50 or an e60 ??

So that people can give you the right advice it would be good if you updated your profile with your location and car specs.

Assume you are in the UK. You may want to look at..

http://www.pimp-my-nav.com/

http://www.bmwnavaddpoi.co.uk

Ref your voice dialling, describe the problems you are having..
Old 06-02-2008, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

In addition to the links above, you may want to read through a fairly lengthy post from here as well:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=25889

Welcome to the forums!
Old 06-02-2008, 06:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wiseman69' post='593411' date='Jun 2 2008, 12:49 PM
Hi,

Thanks

Mark
Wiseman
I have been trying to get help for few months on this without success, most solutions are for professional nav, no one has an answer re the new business nav with map display.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by zimguy' post='593442' date='Jun 2 2008, 09:13 AM
Hi and Welcome

So is yours an e50 or an e60 ??

So that people can give you the right advice it would be good if you updated your profile with your location and car specs.

Assume you are in the UK. You may want to look at..

http://www.pimp-my-nav.com/

http://www.bmwnavaddpoi.co.uk

Ref your voice dialling, describe the problems you are having..
Thanks, yes typo it is an E60 and I have update my profile .

Voice Dailing - It barely recognises me - I am scottish but not broad if I say 01294 it will come back saying 0124941 etc. I have tried to adjust the tone of my voice but it is easier to input number than mess around with voice dailing -- only one problem - not as safe.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Members

My Ride: Mystic Blue Nov 2004 5.30d SE :: Bluetooth :: Prof Nav :: TV :: Auto :: Beige Leather :: 18'' M Sport Alloys :: Folding Mirrors :: Headlight Washers

Wiseman

Ref the voice dialling. Is yours a brand new car or used ?

If it is used then I believe the dealer should/can reset the system for you. It was explained to me that the cars "learn" your voice, so if someone had it for a while before you it is possible that the system will struggle with your accent and inflexion. I know this may sound dumb, but have you read the manual about the appropriate way to input voice eg: dont leave spaces between numbers, say oh instead of zero etc

If this doesnt sort it, or if it is a new car, then I guess you need to talk to your dealer and get them to sit in the car and see the problem.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by zimguy' post='593559' date='Jun 2 2008, 11:29 AM
Wiseman

Ref the voice dialling. Is yours a brand new car or used ?

If it is used then I believe the dealer should/can reset the system for you. It was explained to me that the cars "learn" your voice, so if someone had it for a while before you it is possible that the system will struggle with your accent and inflexion. I know this may sound dumb, but have you read the manual about the appropriate way to input voice eg: dont leave spaces between numbers, say oh instead of zero etc

If this doesnt sort it, or if it is a new car, then I guess you need to talk to your dealer and get them to sit in the car and see the problem.
Thanks very much. It is a new car - have read manual and will go back to dealer.

Your help today has been much appreciated
Old 06-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Members

how did you get on with the voice dial issue ?
Old 06-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

welcome!