E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RPI Exhaust E60 2007

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone purchased and installed the RPI axleback exhaust for a 2007 E60? Some say the exhaust is too loud. Does anyone have an opinion? I would appreciate some honest feedback because other than YouTube I haven't heard the exhaust live.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Yes, some say it's too loud others love it. It's hard since loudness is so subjective, but when you're ready to buy I can definitely give you a deal.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 06-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by IvoryJ
Has anyone purchased and installed the RPI axleback exhaust for a 2007 E60? Some say the exhaust is too loud. Does anyone have an opinion? I would appreciate some honest feedback because other than YouTube I haven't heard the exhaust live.

Thanks
Where are you located? I might be able to find you a car that has it in your area to listen to.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Banned

I live in the Santa Clarita valley and I would like to hear that exhaust system installed on a 530i live and that way I know exactly what I'm buying.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

It is pretty loud under load but at cruising speeds not bad at all. You can definitely tell when you have your foot in it. When I first put it on I thought I had made a mistake. I honestly thought it sounded like one of those fart can exhausts like you see on riced out Hondas. It did get a little quieter after it got some miles on it and I have grown to like it. I took a girl, granted this is a girl into cars, for a ride not long ago and she loved the sound.
I will say that if I had it to do over again I would probably look at other exhausts. I was so used to the sound of a SuperSprint exhaust on my E36 I guess I was hoping that the RPI would sound about the same. Given the price difference between RPI and the others it's kind of hard not to go with the RPI. There are definitely HP and torque gains with the exhaust according to the butt dyno.
I hope this doesn't all sound contradictory. It is louder than I thought it would be but it's livable. Good price on a good product. More power. Bottom line is you have to be your own judge.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

i have videos of rpi on youtube...

one that is stock and one that i chopped it and made it into quad

i love rpi.... love it love it love it
Old 06-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

SBrown's review is pretty right on. Frankly, I have been very pleased. Purchased mine directly from Eloy @ RPI. He was very informative. I like getting the engine and transmission feedback.
The wife does not complain. In fact, she says I am a better driver since putting the RPI on!
Old 06-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

I personally don't think it's loud at all. Sure when you're under load it roars/drones a bit, but it's definitely tolerable. It gives a nice deep aggressive growl, with no scent of a fart can or rasp.

The cabin does a good job at blocking outside noise anyways. All I can say is when my brother revved it for me so I could hear it from the outside, I was in heaven!

Also Eloy knows his shiz and answers all questions. Oh and I have a V8 so it might be louder than the I6s.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Titanium Silver. (6spd)(Sport)(Premium)(Navi)(Active Steering)(Adaptive Headlights)

Awesome exhaust, I have it on my 530i. Its loud when you want it to be, I dont find it too intrusive otherwise.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by TakmaN
I personally don't think it's loud at all. Sure when you're under load it roars/drones a bit, but it's definitely tolerable. It gives a nice deep aggressive growl, with no scent of a fart can or rasp.

The cabin does a good job at blocking outside noise anyways. All I can say is when my brother revved it for me so I could hear it from the outside, I was in heaven!

Also Eloy knows his shiz and answers all questions. Oh and I have a V8 so it might be louder than the I6s.
+1000.... its so not loud, stop pussyfooting about an exhaust being loud men! comon, wtf is wrong with men and wanting eveything so damm quiet these days.. geez, dont you all know that we like it loud , it sounds sexy and makes the hair stand up on our arms .. so geez grow some balls and just stop with this quiet questions lately and if your slightly interested in throwing an exhaust on your car then you shouldnt be thinking its going to be "quiet"

coffee just kicked in

Quick Reply: RPI Exhaust E60 2007