E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Rotors and Brake Pads - What to choose?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I got centric premiums with hawk HPS pads - great setup, but doesn't really reveal itself on the E60 until you heat them up a little. Cold-temp operation is probably same or very slightly inferior to OEM. And make sure you bed them in - whatever setup you get. I didn't bed them in right away, and stopping power was almost dangerously low. After bedding in though

If I had to do it again, I'd probably go for R1 concepts to try them out.

PS Michael is the best place for Hawks AND R1 Concepts BTW - I did A LOT of research when I was getting mine and there's no one out there with better price, more knowledge and greater personality. Seriously, can't give him enough praise. Accute Performance FTW
Old 09-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 07' 530I

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I got centric premiums with hawk HPS pads - great setup, but doesn't really reveal itself on the E60 until you heat them up a little. Cold-temp operation is probably same or very slightly inferior to OEM. And make sure you bed them in - whatever setup you get. I didn't bed them in right away, and stopping power was almost dangerously low. After bedding in though

PS Michael is the best place for Hawks AND R1 Concepts BTW - I did A LOT of research when I was getting mine and there's no one out there with better price, more knowledge and greater personality. Seriously, can't give him enough praise. Accute Performance FTW
Sorry a Newbie question....What does "Bed them in" mean..? are you talking about how the pads are installed or mashing the brakes before driving or not driving hard for the first few miles....

Thanks
Old 09-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

PROE60,
Here's a great explanation for you regarding "bedding" your brakes in from Zeckhausen Racing:
http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm
Old 09-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 07' 530I

Originally Posted by Georgieb
PROE60,
Here's a great explanation for you regarding "bedding" your brakes in from Zeckhausen Racing:
http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm
Great explanation.... Thanks!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Thanks for the kind words.

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by v_therussian

Old 05-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

It seems like such a long time since I started this thread and although I got this stuff from Michael since last year it took me this long to install the R1 Concepts Cross-drilled/Slotted Rotors with Hawk Performance Pads. I've been stopping on a dime everywhere today!!! Haha. What a great performance difference compared to stock.

Michael at Acute really knows how to take care of his customers. We had a few challenges finding the right front rotors but he took care of everything and had to stuff shipped out to me within a week. Thanks for everything Michael. You earned yourself another lifetime customer. Here are a few pics I took of my ride this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails Rotors and Brake Pads - What to choose?-rotors02.jpg   Rotors and Brake Pads - What to choose?-rotors01.jpg   Rotors and Brake Pads - What to choose?-rotors03.jpg  
Old 05-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Thanks. If you could leave feedback below that would be awesome!

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=62103