E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Roof Spoiler thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 06:15 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='773398' date='Jan 21 2009, 06:41 AM
Yeah I did notice that the company was from Bejing, but I did see another vendor on there with the same type spoiler from the good old US.

I was mainly trying to get feedback on the style of the spoiler, honestly I like how it stick up. I know most of you have recommended the ACS style, the problem I have with that is, to me it just lays flat.....I mean seriously, whats the point then???? no offense to anyone who is rocking the ACS...especially since I have that ACS trunk spoiler..

I am just tryin to find the taste I like, an so far Hamann gets it. Anyone have some good side profile picks of the RDSport????

Please post....thanks
Check out post #18 on this link: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=68458&st=15

I used to have the ACS roof spoiler on my 545 and thought that it was too conservative as it was pretty flat to the window line. Member freed0m had the Hamann roof spoiler and even though it was authentic, I recall him having some fitment problems. The RDSport roof spoiler is a bit more aggressive than the ACS and fitment was great.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats

Icey T - yes, the ACS lies flat but it adds a beautiful down-swoop effect to the horizontal roof when you like at it from the side.. So - the advantage of the ACS roof spoiler isn't visible from a back-on view, but better appreciated from a lateral view. IN combo - the roof and tail spoiler just add flow to the back of the car that you MAY not get from using another vendor spoiler [such as the RDSport or Hamman]. Think about the completed product....not sure if they would work well together...............
Old 01-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='773412' date='Jan 21 2009, 04:15 PM
Sig quote:
2006 M5 Blk/Blk/Alum Fully Loaded
UPGRADES
Engine: RDSport EMS; RDSport Headers; RDSport Race Cats; RDSport X-Pipe; RDSport Competition Exhaust; RDSport Pulleys; RPI Oil Cooler; RPI Ram Air Scoops; RPI Block Off Plates; BMC Filters; ///M Sprint Booster
Wheels, Susp & Brakes: 360 Forged Mesh Eight 20x9-10, PS2s; RDSport Springs; Dinan Stage 2 Susp; Dinan Front & Rear CF Strut Braces; Brembo 380mm BBKs
Exterior: RDSport Roof Spoiler; RDSport Trunk Spoiler; Hartge Splitter; Hartge Diffuser; CF Lower Mirror Cover
Interior: RDSport Alum Pedals; Hardwired V1
Lighting: Eurospec Headlights w/Clear Corners; Smoked Eurospec LCI LED Taillights; AiB v2.0; Bimmian Int Xenons
Dude - you need a modding intervention

Seriously, you bought the perfect car - BMW's finest effort. The best work the M guys could achieve. But you thought it wasn't good enough? How much did all those engine upgrades bring in performance? Two tenths on the 0-60 time? Two metres on the braking distance from 70mph from the brakes? The spoilers and diffusers make it look not like an M5, but like a wannabe M5; like someone trying hard to make their car look like it's an M5. I'd rather have bought a 2nd or 3rd or 4th car than do any of those mods.

Not picking on you specifically EuroCarFan, from all the sigs I've seen here that's fairly common to mod that much. I prefer to see those thousands of dollars (well, in my case it's pounds and euros) still in my bank.

I'm so going to get some backlash on this post, I can feel it. Can't I express my opinion though? We're all here because we like the E60 range of cars, but if that's true, why do we want to change them so much? The only mods I've done are because they weren't specified like that when the original owner ordered it (tinted windows, shadowline, MP3).
Old 01-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

IceyTys.. any of those spoilers will look good because I think the roof spoiler completes the look..

.. and EuroCarFan has one of the hottest M5s I've seen in person.. mods done very well

.. okay proceed with backlashing DD_545i...
Old 01-21-2009, 06:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Cold Weather Package Navigation and Logic7 Package Sport Suspension Package

i purchased the acs roof and trunk spoiler on ebay from some guy in Taiwan or something. i didnt know where it was coming from until i got the receipt of payment from paypal. i was looking forward to the worst things, but i gotta say it came in a week; the parts fitted perfectly, and the paint matched the car exactly. there was no damage to the parts like scratches or chip. i was very happy with the purchase

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Painted-BMW...A1%7C240%3A1318
Old 01-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='773427' date='Jan 21 2009, 07:30 AM
Dude - you need a modding intervention

Seriously, you bought the perfect car - BMW's finest effort. The best work the M guys could achieve. But you thought it wasn't good enough? How much did all those engine upgrades bring in performance? Two tenths on the 0-60 time? Two metres on the braking distance from 70mph from the brakes? The spoilers and diffusers make it look not like an M5, but like a wannabe M5; like someone trying hard to make their car look like it's an M5. I'd rather have bought a 2nd or 3rd or 4th car than do any of those mods.

Not picking on you specifically EuroCarFan, from all the sigs I've seen here that's fairly common to mod that much. I prefer to see those thousands of dollars (well, in my case it's pounds and euros) still in my bank.

I'm so going to get some backlash on this post, I can feel it. Can't I express my opinion though? We're all here because we like the E60 range of cars, but if that's true, why do we want to change them so much? The only mods I've done are because they weren't specified like that when the original owner ordered it (tinted windows, shadowline, MP3).
No backlash here. I actually think it's great and applaud you for expressing your opinion and I'm not offended by it at all.

I guess what I could offer is my own opinion on why I mod my car.

It's true, I also think the M5 is a piece of art from the factory but as good as it is, and just as most other cars on the market, it's made to appeal and satisfy across a wide span of buyers and their preferences. This means it's still compromised in certain areas. The car can be made faster and to handle better and that's the path I took with my mods.

Looks wise, exterior mods are pretty subjective. Even people who like to mod argue about which brand looks better (well, that's the case with any mods really). My one argument with you here is if you say I'm making it not look like an M5 then how can it look like an M5 wannabe? I do admit however, that there are occasions when I think the stock M5 spoiler looks better than my RDSport spoiler.

In closing, yes, I can probably put all the money I spent on my mods towards another car but at the end of the day, there are no other car I'd rather be driving than my M5.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Contributors

I would go with ACS because its less in-your-face. Its basically very subtle but still sporty. The other is borderline ricer.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='773442
It's true, I also think the M5 is a piece of art from the factory but as good as it is, and just as most other cars on the market, it's made to appeal and satisfy across a wide span of buyers and their preferences. This means it's still compromised in certain areas. The car can be made faster and to handle better and that's the path I took with my mods.
I guess I've never looked at it like that. I only ever look at cars that already look basically how I want them to. Maybe I'm limiting myself and should look at cars that could look how I want them to with some mods.

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='773442
In closing, yes, I can probably put all the money I spent on my mods towards another car but at the end of the day, there are no other car I'd rather be driving than my M5.
Great point. I feel the same way about my 545 but there are occasions where I wouldn't mind having an all-wheel drive wagon as a second car and a convertible as a third car, but I can't justify to myself having more than one car when I consider that I work from home
Old 01-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

It looks like a shelf to me , I prefer the ACS
Old 01-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='773455' date='Jan 21 2009, 08:14 AM
Great point. I feel the same way about my 545 but there are occasions where I wouldn't mind having an all-wheel drive wagon as a second car and a convertible as a third car, but I can't justify to myself having more than one car when I consider that I work from home
Get married and get one of those other cars for your wife. My wife has an SUV and we use it to go camping and snowboarding.

It's funny, I used to love that Acura MDX but whenever we're out with it now, I make my wife drive otherwise I'd try to drive it as if it was the M5.

Quick Reply: Roof Spoiler thoughts