E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Roof Rack Snowboard & Ski Combo

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello:
I just picked up the snowboard/ ski attachment combo. They appear to be the same as the individual attachments. They just come in the same box and save you a couple bucks. They slide right into the roof rack, there is a set screw to tighten them. They come with a lock, all four keyed the same. The snowboard attachment will hold two boards. The ski attachment will hold three. Both attachments have strong rubber tension bands to keep anything from moving. They seem very well designed and you can have them on your racks in two minutes. Any questions?
Attached Thumbnails Roof Rack Snowboard & Ski Combo-resize_rack.jpg  
Old 09-21-2004, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Looking good!!!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 01:56 PM
Contributors

another
Attached Thumbnails Roof Rack Snowboard & Ski Combo-resize_rack_flash.jpg  
Old 09-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Contributors

Another
Attached Thumbnails Roof Rack Snowboard & Ski Combo-resize_rack_top.jpg  
Old 09-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Hey your car has the greensunband in the front windshield! I am getting a new windshield tomorrow with the green sunband in it.

Nice to see!
Old 09-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

oooh cool Juan... looks like you sold me on that setup... I bet if you had to you could put a pair of ski's in the snowboard rack... what do you think?
Old 09-21-2004, 04:17 PM

Ski:
I am sure you could secure skis on the snowboard rack. I will try it and let you know for sure.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Thanks...
Old 09-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Contributors

Juan2mini: First, nice rack! Second, you getting winter tires for the snow? Third, I don't recall tinting on the windshield as an option...was that an option? Just wondered...depending on where you go boarding/skiing the windy roads So Cal or No. Cal are pretty slippery when icy! Thanks for the pics...and if anyone out there has pics of the BMW bike rack, (the one from the accessories brochure), I'd like to see that too!
Old 09-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Contributors

If you mean the green sunband at the top of the windscreen that is an option over here in holland. Don't know about america. I didn't take it because I thought it wouldn't look good. Since I am getting a new windscreen I did opt for the sunband because it will keep the sun out of my eyes better.

Quick Reply: Roof Rack Snowboard & Ski Combo