E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ricky's Brake Effect... now in Socal!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha, secret sauce! We'll be taking a look at it this weekend to see if it's possible. Don't want to say something and then it's not possible. Would be a let down, lol.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have pre-LCI, can you get the LCI tails, and mod it with "the Ricky brake effect" and NOT use Bruce's cables? Or you still have to get the whole thing?
Old 07-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Contributors

If I am understanding this correctly, you're asking whether or not Bruce's cable is still needed if this mod is done?

To answer my above, it's yes. Bruce's cable is the adapter between the LCI tails to your OEM connectors, so there's no way around it.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport - Silver-Grey, Nav, Active Cruise, HUD, sport seats, Logic-7, charcoal filter mod, Euro reflectors, hard-wired V1

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
If I am understanding this correctly, you're asking whether or not Bruce's cable is still needed if this mod is done?

To answer my above, it's yes. Bruce's cable is the adapter between the LCI tails to your OEM connectors, so there's no way around it.
Actually all you need is Ricky's circuit plus the OEM cable adapter set (#61120432110 - about $40). Bruce's cable is a good solution but Ricky's circuit provides a unique effect for a much cheaper price (but requires more DIY skills).
Old 07-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 5-string
Actually all you need is Ricky's circuit plus the OEM cable adapter set (#61120432110 - about $40). Bruce's cable is a good solution but Ricky's circuit provides a unique effect for a much cheaper price (but requires more DIY skills).
ACTUALLY... that is incorrect in this context. The way I have achieved this is actually entirely different than how Ricky and you have done this, so my method does require Bruce's cable.

And maybe someone else can confirm this, if you use OEM cable, you are required to do programming, and retrofit the headlights as well.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60
If you have pre-LCI, can you get the LCI tails, and mod it with "the Ricky brake effect" and NOT use Bruce's cables? Or you still have to get the whole thing?
You dont have to use Bruce`s cable to get Ricky brake effect.
But if you dont what to take a long time design and fixing 1 up it is better to get Bruce`s cable.
the cables in HK are home made by Rick, no Bruce or OEM
Old 07-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Senior Members

ACTUALLY... that is incorrect in this context. The way I have achieved this is actually entirely different than how Ricky and you have done this, so my method does require Bruce's cable.

And maybe someone else can confirm this, if you use OEM cable, you are required to do programming, and retrofit the headlights as well.
Ricky helped me install the lights with his homemade circuits and you DO NOT need bruce cable.... However, if you have done it differently, then I cant comment...
Old 07-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Contributors

Sorry if my question was kinda confusing. I guess there are 2 ways of doing it, Ricky doesn't wanna sell his lights with this mod already since he doesn't wanna be responsible for any kind of short or fire with his way. Although if he did, it would be a cheaper mod since we don't have to buy Bruce's cables and it already would have the "brake effect".
Old 07-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Contributors

Sorry if my question was kinda confusing. I guess there are 2 ways of doing it, Ricky doesn't wanna sell his lights with this mod already since he doesn't wanna be responsible for any kind of short or fire with his way. Although if he did, it would be a cheaper mod since we don't have to buy Bruce's cables and it already would have the "brake effect".
Ahh, I am starting to get what you guys are saying. I was not aware that Ricky's method of doing it also covers the connection end to fit LCI tails to pre-LCI.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

+1 100% right

Quick Reply: Ricky's Brake Effect... now in Socal!