E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RGB/TV module on E60

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004 | 05:53 AM
Contributors

Hi,

Does anybody know if the following pieces of kit can be added to an E60 with the basic iDrive (ie, without the navigation option?)

http://www.venturatechnology.com.mx/PDF/VE...NSTRUCTIONS.pdf

http://www.freischaltmodul.de/produkte-e60.html

I've emailed the companies but, no surprise, not had any replies!

Also - does anybody know if the standard BMW TV-Module can be added to an E60 again without the Nav option? I know when I specced my car, the website would not allow the TV module to be added without selecting Nav - however this has now changed and it does seem to allow it.

My local dealer gave the answer "not sure, it probably would" and made no effort to find out for me. This was just after they told me "yes you're right, I've checked and the stereo won't play MP3's, sorry about that, but it should sometime next year".

Thanks,
Russ.
Old 09-08-2004 | 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The module from www.freischaltmodul.de overrides the screen, so it shouldn't be a problem to install it with bus nav only.
Old 09-08-2004 | 06:25 AM
Members

Hi,

Does anybody know if the following pieces of kit can be added to an E60 with the basic iDrive (ie, without the navigation option?)

http://www.venturatechnology.com.mx/...STRUCTIONS.pdf

http://www.freischaltmodul.de/produkte-e60.html

I've emailed the companies but, no surprise, not had any replies!

Also - does anybody know if the standard BMW TV-Module can be added to an E60 again without the Nav option? I know when I specced my car, the website would not allow the TV module to be added without selecting Nav - however this has now changed and it does seem to allow it.

My local dealer gave the answer "not sure, it probably would" and made no effort to find out for me. This was just after they told me "yes you're right, I've checked and the stereo won't play MP3's, sorry about that, but it should sometime next year".

Thanks,
Russ.
Good find on the company called Ventura Technology. I looked at the PDF, and it seems that the screen they used is the one without NAV. I also don't have NAV equiped with my car. I've been looking for a module like this. I went ahead and email them, to get more info. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2004 | 02:50 AM
Members

anyone receive any reply from emailing the website ?
Old 09-12-2004 | 05:50 AM
Members

im depserate to get one of these tv modules.

I dont have nav or tv option and i want to watch tv on the idrive.

Both these two seem to do it, but none of the web sites reply to emails or any form of contact.

Has anyone got any experience what so ever of these products or any more information i can use ?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-12-2004 | 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by smokin' date='Sep 12 2004, 03:50 PM
im depserate to get one of these tv modules.

I dont have nav or tv option and i want to watch tv on the idrive.

Both these two seem to do it, but none of the web sites reply to emails or any form of contact.

Has anyone got any experience what so ever of these products or any more information i can use ?

Thanks in advance
What exactly do you want to know?

I have emailed freischaltmodul.de and got answers, and I called them and they answered my questions...
Old 09-12-2004 | 12:31 PM
Members

well on that german site, when you change language from german to english you cant see the same products. Maybe its german only or something ?

It appears i need the T-5000, but that doesnt show on the english order / products list.

I want to know if I can use this specific product on an e60 with no nav and no tv from the factory.

Also, how does it actually integrate ? How would i go to tv etc ? And what do I do about a TV aerial ?
Old 09-12-2004 | 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by smokin' date='Sep 12 2004, 10:31 PM
well on that german site, when you change language from german to english you cant see the same products. Maybe its german only or something ?

It appears i need the T-5000, but that doesnt show on the english order / products list.

I want to know if I can use this specific product on an e60 with no nav and no tv from the factory.

Also, how does it actually integrate ? How would i go to tv etc ? And what do I do about a TV aerial ?
I think it works on an E60 without nav, because it overrides the screen. So the screen is used as the TV screen, no matter what BMW is doing with it in the background...
It should come with a remote, so you can select TV or the other input via remote and yu can switch it on or off on this remote, I guess.
A TV antenna is in the rear window, but shouldn't be a problem to add to the system...

I will try to make contacts and get the definate correct answers from them for you!
Old 09-12-2004 | 01:42 PM
Members

cool thanks very much
Old 09-12-2004 | 03:47 PM
Senior Members

i, too, don't have the nav system and want to watch tv/dvds. can i hook up a dvd player/changer as well? i've been looking for a dvd changer but no luck . anyone has one installed?

Quick Reply: RGB/TV module on E60