E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

REVISED Recommendation For Carking Tuning :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

I recently purchased a painted ACS rear wing for my 500i from http://stores.ebay.com/CARKING-TUNING. The piece looked great and seemed to fit the car perfectly. Being a perfectionist I brought it to a premier local body shop to have it professionally installed. I received a call from them yesterday informing me that the masking tape they used to hold the piece in place while the glue dried ripped paint off the spoiler. There is absolutely no way that this should have happened. They told me that it was not sanded, primed or painted correctly and are charging me $300 to have it done right. I have contacted the vendor to see what they have to say but in the meantime, I cannot recommend them. I would still purchase parts from their eBay store but I would leave the painting up to a local professional.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='547495' date='Mar 19 2008, 11:06 AM
I recently purchased a painted ACS rear wing for my 500i from http://stores.ebay.com/CARKING-TUNING. The piece looked great and seemed to fit the car perfectly. Being a perfectionist I brought it to a premier local body shop to have it professionally installed. I received a call from them yesterday informing me that the masking tape they used to hold the piece in place while the glue dried ripped paint off the spoiler. There is absolutely no way that this should have happened. They told me that it was not sanded, primed or painted correctly and are charging me $300 to have it done right. I have contacted the vendor to see what they have to say but in the meantime, I cannot recommend them. I would still purchase parts from their eBay store but I would leave the painting up to a local professional.

Please keep us posting as I am about to place my order from them......
Old 03-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

oh man thats a bummer,let us know how it turns out
Old 03-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

That is horrible. Sorry to hear you went through that. Please keep us informed. I was thinking of ordering from them as well. I was going to opt to not have them paint it as I am getting my M-Tech painted anyway. How long did it take for you to recieve the order?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Wow bud, I'm sorry to hear that. I have an ACS trunk, roof, front and rear apron from Bruce @ Carking. One thing I had done was to remove the paint off of all adhesive contact areas on the spoilers to create the best possible bond. Though the spoilers aren't a perfect fit (I shoulda got the real deals), I didn't have any mounting issues related to the paint. Hopeflly he'll come through and offer a proper replacement. But, his parts come from Taiwan (using el-cheapo methods I imagine), so I definately wouldn't rely on their paint for adhesion.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i' post='547623' date='Mar 19 2008, 02:58 PM
That is horrible. Sorry to hear you went through that. Please keep us informed. I was thinking of ordering from them as well. I was going to opt to not have them paint it as I am getting my M-Tech painted anyway. How long did it take for you to recieve the order?
Took close to 3 weeks but again I would recommend NOT having them paint it. As for how it will turn it, it will be perfect. I am paying $300 to have it sanded, reprimed, painted and mounted.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I'm in the market for the trunk lid and roof spoiler as well. I have several items on my watch list on eBay and I'm sure one of them is from CAR-KING.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='547713' date='Mar 19 2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I'm in the market for the trunk lid and roof spoiler as well. I have several items on my watch list on eBay and I'm sure one of them is from CAR-KING.
+1, me too!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Members

I got mine from them also and i had it installed by a well known shop in new york and the paint/fitment matched pefectly.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='547696' date='Mar 19 2008, 02:14 PM
Took close to 3 weeks but again I would recommend NOT having them paint it. As for how it will turn it, it will be perfect. I am paying $300 to have it sanded, reprimed, painted and mounted.
thats expensive.

Quick Reply: REVISED Recommendation For Carking Tuning :(