E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Reus Audio anyone ever heard of them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i, jet black/black dakota, sport package, steptronic, L7, comfort access, rear sunshade, front heated seats, navigation, satellite radio also have 2006 Dodge Sprinter

I saw Reus Audio at the L.A. auto show. The systems sounded really impressive. From what the guys at the booth said, the whole systems is totally compatible with the L7 stereo. It fits all the stock locations. It sounds like a great system. But, I've never heard of them or know anyone with the system installed. Just wondering what everyone thinks.

http://reusaudio.com/
Old 01-08-2007, 04:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I have not heard of them before, but I've been out of the whole car audio loop for a long time.

Their website didn't go into much detail. I am interested to learn more. Are they only located in California? I may contact them and ask for more details.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

supposed to be sick.

at the ny auto show they had a system in a e60 m5.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Been e-mailing back and forth with them since yesterday. So far, they really seem to know their stuff.

I will talk to them today by phone, once I have organized all my questions. I will post what I learn here.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Contributors

I just got off the phone with Rick @ Reus Audio. Nice guy, very knowledgable and helpful. He knew a lot about my car, which definitly makes me feel better about attempting an install. I think they really have done their homework. He is putting together a quote for my E60.

According to him, the Reus system retains all of the equipment from the Logic7. They add 5 speakers and 1 or 2 power amplifiers (depending on your preference). By keeping the Logic7 equipment in place, they can avoid any problems which might arise with the car's computers. For my quote, he is doing a 2 amplifier system which rates at 600 watts total, I believe. Installation is simple, and requires no cutting of the factory panels. So reselling your car or returning a lease is not a problem. He said that a typical installation might take about 3 hours. The subwoofer setup he suggested for me was two 10" woofers. He said I would lose the folding rear seats, because the sub enclosure would block the opening.... but that I would still have a decent amount of trunk space.

The Reus system is designed specifically for sound quality. While they add subwoofers, the bass response is tuned for tightness and accuracy. This makes their systems more suitable for certain types of music. He said that they study the interior acoustic properties of each vehicle to design the best setups. In our E60s, wave cancellation is a major problem to overcome. Many people on this messageboard can attest to this fact, as there have been many posts from people who installed subwoofers in the trunk and say the trunk acts like a bass trap. The Reus subwoofer enclosures are designed to overcome this issue.

They have a shop in Ft. Lauderdale which can install their systems. I will be down there in a few weeks, so I will try to swing by and listen to a Reus system if possible. I have wanted to upgrade my audio, but been too afraid to do it. This might be a great option. I'll post more details when I have them.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i, jet black/black dakota, sport package, steptronic, L7, comfort access, rear sunshade, front heated seats, navigation, satellite radio also have 2006 Dodge Sprinter

looks like i need to get on the ball. you did all the work for me, subterFUSE. i'll be calling them tomorrow to get some prices and west coast installation info.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Contributors

For the most part, I've only seen reus systems in high-end cars like ferraris and such, along with some show cars. I'm sure they sound good, but I think a large part of the price is the stealth install that they provide. The reus systems are quite pricey.

For the same price, you could have high end components, amps and subs, but the end result wouldn't be as integrated into the car.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Contributors

I have my quote. The system total is quite reasonable.

You are correct about the stealth install. According to what I was told, they don't alter any of the OEM panels. They add some speakers, But they are hidden.

My primary concern is that the iDrive continue to function properly. I like the convenience of the integration, the bluetooth cell phone, the automatic audio mute, and voice controls. When I purchased this car, I told myself that aftermarket audio was not a good idea because I feared complications with the iDrive. Well, this seems to be a great way to go. They have taken an approach which makes sense for my current needs.

They told me the shop where I could get my install done is in Ft. Lauderdale. I will be in that area the first weekend in February, so I'm going to make a visit over there and hopefully can get a test-listen on a Reus system.

I'm excited, though. I think I'm going to do it.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by asickmf' post='375780' date='Jan 9 2007, 01:10 PM
looks like i need to get on the ball. you did all the work for me, subterFUSE. i'll be calling them tomorrow to get some prices and west coast installation info.

Talk to Rick. 714-538-0818

You can tell him that you were the one who told me about Reus. Just ask about John in Winter Park, FL.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='375866' date='Jan 9 2007, 12:59 PM
Talk to Rick. 714-538-0818
You can tell him that you were the one who told me about Reus. Just ask about John in Winter Park, FL.
thanks subterfuse. i'll give em a call today.

Quick Reply: Reus Audio anyone ever heard of them?