E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retrofitting stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Was just contemplating retroffiting some stuff. Like i posted in previous thread, i was not given the opportunity to option my car the way i liked it...

Basically if you bough a 525i, everyone's 525i is the same except the interior/exterior colour combination.. but everyone has the same options.. So that leaves me wanting a few things... naturally.. Haha...

I would've gotten the Comfort Seats but i couldnt afford the 530i and it only comes in the 530i...

So anyways, i was reading thru my users manual and i noticed that besides just FM/AM/CD that i have, some people have AUX and TV as well.

I would like to retrofit these 2 things so i can maybe put in a ps2 now that it comes so slim and i would like the TV function as well.

But i have to go with OEM BMW parts because in Malaysia, the dealership will void your warranty for any mods done at all to the car.. and since this car is only a month old.. I cant lose the warranty. esp. after reading some horror stories..

On top of which, i also paid for a 3 years maintenance free plan which means i dont pay for any servicing for the next 3 years but they will also void that if i make any mods...

So the only thing i can do is buy OEM BMW parts from maybe an online BMW parts retailer and they will install it if its OEM BMW parts...

So i would really like to have the AUX and TV function.. is there anyway to retrofit this along with the Logic7 system?

Was just wondering, i have been in a friends car that was imported and when he starts up, his i-drive shows like a warning disclaimer screen of some sort that you have to press to exit.. I dont have that but i kinda find it cooll... dont ask me why i guess. haha... anyway i can turn that on?

Lastly.. On my friends i-drive, the bottom left corner, it shows A | A and i guess that means Auto for the air distribution for passenger and driver.

His car is a 03. But when i enter my air distribution menu's, i dont ahve that AUTO function at the bottom. Everything else i the same except i dont have that AUTO at the bottom.

But i have the Climate control with extended features.. And even when i refer to my user manual, the illustrations show nothing about it..

Could it be a different generation maybe? My car is the newer ones with valvetronic and the start/stop button.

His is the older one with the key...

Anyways, thanks alot for all the responses and its a great forum guys!

Gives a new e60 owner a peace of mind... security blanket of sorts if you must.. haha
Old 03-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by k3nny' post='263243' date='Apr 1 2006, 05:38 AM
Hey guys, Hi k3nny,
Was just contemplating retroffiting some stuff. Like i posted in previous thread, i was not given the opportunity to option my car the way i liked it... anything can be retrofited if you have the wiring... but will cost at least 3X and the labour!!!
Basically if you bough a 525i, everyone's 525i is the same except the interior/exterior colour combination.. but everyone has the same options.. So that leaves me wanting a few things... naturally.. Haha...

I would've gotten the Comfort Seats but i couldnt afford the 530i and it only comes in the 530i...
Comfort seats is no probs hell a lot of Gs,
So anyways, i was reading thru my users manual and i noticed that besides just FM/AM/CD that i have, some people have AUX and TV as well.

aux is no probs, around 200$

I would like to retrofit these 2 things so i can maybe put in a ps2 now that it comes so slim and i would like the TV function as well.

for PS2 get navtv's module or PM Hobi... he has PS2 in his armrest

But i have to go with OEM BMW parts because in Malaysia, the dealership will void your warranty for any mods done at all to the car.. and since this car is only a month old.. I cant lose the warranty. esp. after reading some horror stories..

On top of which, i also paid for a 3 years maintenance free plan which means i dont pay for any servicing for the next 3 years but they will also void that if i make any mods...
So the only thing i can do is buy OEM BMW parts from maybe an online BMW parts retailer and they will install it if its OEM BMW parts...

So i would really like to have the AUX and TV function.. is there anyway to retrofit this along with the Logic7 system?
Was just wondering, i have been in a friends car that was imported and when he starts up, his i-drive shows like a warning disclaimer screen of some sort that you have to press to exit.. I dont have that but i kinda find it cooll... dont ask me why i guess. haha... anyway i can turn that on? that is only for US markets, called "lawyer screen" but I do not have that as I am in EU thx GOD not having that here

Lastly.. On my friends i-drive, the bottom left corner, it shows A | A and i guess that means Auto for the air distribution for passenger and driver.

His car is a 03. But when i enter my air distribution menu's, i dont ahve that AUTO function at the bottom. Everything else i the same except i dont have that AUTO at the bottom. a pic wud help, yes that is it.

But i have the Climate control with extended features.. And even when i refer to my user manual, the illustrations show nothing about it..

Could it be a different generation maybe? My car is the newer ones with valvetronic and the start/stop button.

His is the older one with the key...

Anyways, thanks alot for all the responses and its a great forum guys!

Gives a new e60 owner a peace of mind... security blanket of sorts if you must.. haha
welcome to the best Forum
Old 04-01-2006, 07:03 AM
Members

since you're in malaysia, and in case you haven't, you might also want to pop in to http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/.... i understand that is the same dealership, Performance Motors, across both Singapore and Malaysia...
Old 04-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by k3nny' post='263243' date='Apr 1 2006, 11:38 AM

His car is a 03. But when i enter my air distribution menu's, i dont ahve that AUTO function at the bottom. Everything else i the same except i dont have that AUTO at the bottom.
Most probably your friend has NAV and you don't.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Or his friend has the advanced air conditioning and he doesn't...
Old 04-09-2006, 06:06 AM
Members

Hi K3nny,

For the TV input, many of us guys here in Singapore installed it. The website is http://www.doseongms.com/ and we have installed a TV tuner on top of that. These are quickly installed and if needed can be uninstalled quickly as well.

You can run a search on TV interface and you'll find quite a bit of information.

Regards

derrick
Old 04-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Senior Members

Am I missing something here?
Old 04-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

You want to retrofit the I-Drive warning screen?
Old 04-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Senior Members

Mine's for sale. $500.00 USD. Now, if I just knew how to get rid of the damn thing.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Members

Hey Dlau,

Where can I get this installed in Singapore? And how much?

Cheers

Quick Reply: Retrofitting stuff?