E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retrofit of remote control/interior mirror

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I just got a remote control to the garage at my job, and I'm considering to retrofit the remote controle feature, which is located under the interior mirror.

Does anyone know the price for this retrofit ??

Peter
Old 03-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i, Orient Blue, bought used with 22000 miles. Grey lether, sport package, BMW Assist, Cold Weather package. Xenons. NOT premium for some reason, I do like the metal finish vs. the wood, but do miss the garage opener.

Peter,

I don't know the price, but if you're like me, you don't want the garage door opener hangin about in the dash area. I got some velcro and put mine under my right knee on the drivers seat. There is a wide space of plastic under the leather there. I just reach down and hit the button and it works great. Saved me the cost and hassle of a retrofit.

Look in the accessories forum, I think I saw some stuff in there when I was researching.

-rl
Old 09-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Members

My Ride: Nov 2003 530D SE Auto in Mystic Blue with Grey Dakota Leather, Business Nav. Star Spoke 124 18"s, Blootooth Preperation. Modifications so far: M5 spoiler, M5 trunk finisher, hometronic rear view mirror, Maple Wood interior trim. Mods to come: M5 style quad exhaust and M5 rear bumper, Dechroming, black ebay grilles, tints, upgrade to factory amp, by the time I've done these, I'm sure I'll have thought of some more....

Originally Posted by wrlominick' post='254329' date='Mar 13 2006, 09:32 PM
Peter,

I don't know the price, but if you're like me, you don't want the garage door opener hangin about in the dash area. I got some velcro and put mine under my right knee on the drivers seat. There is a wide space of plastic under the leather there. I just reach down and hit the button and it works great. Saved me the cost and hassle of a retrofit.

Look in the accessories forum, I think I saw some stuff in there when I was researching.

-rl
UK?275