E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retrofit Logic 7 sound system!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend has wrecked his car but I can buy his logic 7 sound system.
Wich parts do i have to take and do you think that it's possible to retrofit logic 7?

Thank you very much for your help guys.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, sports package, logic 7 + changer, dvd navi, front heated seats + steering wheel

Originally Posted by sx125' post='412177' date='Apr 10 2007, 01:06 PM
My friend has wrecked his car but I can buy his logic 7 sound system.
Wich parts do i have to take and do you think that it's possible to retrofit logic 7?

Thank you very much for your help guys.

I would imagine your car is not wired for the logic 7, which I think would involve removing some carpet, seats, and some panels to wire up the logic 7. would your friend part out his car?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Members

I would think one of the tougher things is that Logic7 has speakers in the rear doors - right? I think, just in general,
that retrofitting Logic7 isn't the easiest thing to do.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by westal' post='412291' date='Apr 11 2007, 04:56 AM
I would think one of the tougher things is that Logic7 has speakers in the rear doors - right? I think, just in general,
that retrofitting Logic7 isn't the easiest thing to do.
Thx for the reply's guys.
The only thing in my mind is: How much speakers has a standard sound system, and where are the extra speakers located??
Is there someone who knows the answer
Old 04-11-2007, 03:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

you will need the new logic 7 amp, located in the trunk,,,
you will need two rear door panels (so they have slots for new speakers)
you will need the 13 speakers from the logic 7 system..
(normal US/europe HIFI has 10 Speakers) (Standard in europe 6 Speakers i think)
you will also need some coding done by the dealer....

Logic 7 speakers are different than standard ones
Old 04-11-2007, 04:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='412365' date='Apr 11 2007, 01:29 PM
you will need the new logic 7 amp, located in the trunk,,,
you will need two rear door panels (so they have slots for new speakers)
you will need the 13 speakers from the logic 7 system..
(normal US/europe HIFI has 10 Speakers) (Standard in europe 6 Speakers i think)
you will also need some coding done by the dealer....

Logic 7 speakers are different than standard ones
Thank you for the very nice info!
Old 04-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

The Logic 7 system has the 2 subs. Each sub is under each front seat. Not sure if the regular sound system has this, but if it doesn't, I don't see this being a very easy job. I think it would be smarter to just go with a new aftermarket system.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='412396' date='Apr 11 2007, 04:14 PM
The Logic 7 system has the 2 subs. Each sub is under each front seat. Not sure if the regular sound system has this, but if it doesn't, I don't see this being a very easy job. I think it would be smarter to just go with a new aftermarket system.
Yes that's the reason why i try to find out what's different.
If it's a really hard job and i have to deassamble the whole car, i just swap the amplifier.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='412396' date='Apr 11 2007, 07:14 AM
In US, both L7 and standard systems have 2 subs under seat. L7 sub each rated 75W and standard each rated 45W (could be 40W, I don't remember well).
In order to retrofit L7, here are what you need to do, according to my understanding (I might be wrong):
1. Update your Vehicle Order (only BMW regional headquarter can give your dealer this) to have L7
2. Replace all speakers with L7 speakers
3. Add mid-range speaker to the center dash
4. Replace two rear door panel to accomodate 2 mid-range speaker
5. Add two mid-range speaker to rear door panel
6. Rerun wire for L7 all over again. Current standard system mid-range and tweeters are driven by head unit. Subs are driven by small amp in the left side of the trunk. All L7 speakers are driven by L7 amp in the trunk. Therefore, you need to change the whole wiring scheme. Seems like a tough job.

Does this sound complicated? Yes. Has someone done it? Yes. Please search the forum. I'm too lazy unless Rudy can help

Good luck.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, sports package, logic 7 + changer, dvd navi, front heated seats + steering wheel

Originally Posted by my530i' post='412457' date='Apr 11 2007, 10:24 AM
In US, both L7 and standard systems have 2 subs under seat. L7 sub each rated 75W and standard each rated 45W (could be 40W, I don't remember well).
In order to retrofit L7, here are what you need to do, according to my understanding (I might be wrong):
1. Update your Vehicle Order (only BMW regional headquarter can give your dealer this) to have L7
2. Replace all speakers with L7 speakers
3. Add mid-range speaker to the center dash
4. Replace two rear door panel to accomodate 2 mid-range speaker
5. Add two mid-range speaker to rear door panel
6. Rerun wire for L7 all over again. Current standard system mid-range and tweeters are driven by head unit. Subs are driven by small amp in the left side of the trunk. All L7 speakers are driven by L7 amp in the trunk. Therefore, you need to change the whole wiring scheme. Seems like a tough job.

Does this sound complicated? Yes. Has someone done it? Yes. Please search the forum. I'm too lazy unless Rudy can help

Good luck.
just curious if anyone here knows he impedance of all of the speakers by chance? a simple amp swap would be nice, I think there is a thread here or at bimmfest about swapping the amp with an MTX280, which happens to be a very solid old school amp.

Quick Reply: Retrofit Logic 7 sound system!