E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retro fitted Xenon's but angels are strobing

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 05:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Xenons are great huge improvement over my standard lights even with stronger bulbs.

Anyway I bought these LED angel bulbs, It says not suitable for H8 bulbs. How do I know if mine are the H8 Type??

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/bmw-oem-ange...-1-pr-164.html

They flash when i turn on the ignition, then when driving I keep getting parking bulb failure both sides.

The standard angel bulbs were 12V 10W.

From what I read I will need to add in a resistor on both sides. 25watt 25 ohn?? does that sound about right??

Cant find them anywhere been searching for ages. Once I do find them how do i wire them??

cheers

Paul
Old 03-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

Got some

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x-25W-LOAD-RESISTORS-LED-SIDELIGHTS-INDICATOR-25-WATT_W0QQitemZ310167217999QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item483768274f
Old 03-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by paulmc
Xenons are great huge improvement over my standard lights even with stronger bulbs.

Anyway I bought these LED angel bulbs, It says not suitable for H8 bulbs. How do I know if mine are the H8 Type??

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/bmw-oem-ange...-1-pr-164.html

They flash when i turn on the ignition, then when driving I keep getting parking bulb failure both sides.

The standard angel bulbs were 12V 10W.

From what I read I will need to add in a resistor on both sides. 25watt 25 ohn?? does that sound about right??

Cant find them anywhere been searching for ages. Once I do find them how do i wire them??

cheers

Paul
well you need resistor, because it is not really designed for e60 thats why it flickers and has error message.

what year is your car? LCI use H8 and pre lci doesnt...

all you have to do for resistor is just tap wire to brown and yellow. very simple... no worry for positive and negative...
only problem with resistor you got is, since it is metal it gets really hot very quick and can melt plastic easily... what i would recommend is extend the length of wire and bring it outside of the cover...

or get the one that will not flicker or doesnt require resistor.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Senior Members

OK...unclear of what you did. Did you retrofit OEM xenon headlights in place of your halogen headlight or did you just add the LED AE kit to the halogen AE's? Resistors may not be your answer. 25W 25ohm was thought to get rid of the parking light error if you have converted to OEM xenon headlights from halogen, however, it does not work.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by medik13
OK...unclear of what you did. Did you retrofit OEM xenon headlights in place of your halogen headlight or did you just add the LED AE kit to the halogen AE's? Resistors may not be your answer. 25W 25ohm was thought to get rid of the parking light error if you have converted to OEM xenon headlights from halogen, however, it does not work.

looks like he just had halogen bulb to hid conversion kit instead of swaping the whole headlight.. and added the led ae kit.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Contributors

Funny this thread came up. I just sent a PM to Brabus asking about this. I installed MtecV2 AE's and D2C Xenon bulbs and now when the car starts the LED AE's and the rear license plate bulbs strobe on startup. Not sure why.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Funny this thread came up. I just sent a PM to Brabus asking about this. I installed MtecV2 AE's and D2C Xenon bulbs and now when the car starts the LED AE's and the rear license plate bulbs strobe on startup. Not sure why.
thats normal.. all my lights that i changed led flickers at the start up but goes away... as long as you dont get warning you are good...
Old 03-21-2010, 05:09 AM
Senior Members

I had Halogen lights in my car. I bought second hand xenons and fitted them. My car used to have 4 x 5 watt angel bulbs. My xenons have one 10 watt bulb. I then bought the led lights in the link and fitted them and when i turn on the ignition they strobe and after a while I get the park warning light.

Xenons are fine no strobing there as the guy beofore me modded the lights.

my car 2005. not sure the age of the lights though.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

u need to add a 10 watt 50 ohm resistor to the angel eye wires and the error will go away.

The angel eye wires outside the headlight. The factory wires.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Senior Members

Thanks

So my 25 watt 25 ohm resistors are no good??

Quick Reply: Retro fitted Xenon's but angels are strobing