E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retractable plate and coding done

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Actually balbs, I don't believe the plate actually touches the bumper at all (when it is extended) from the pictures I have received from JR.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
damn DK. Someone bumped into you already for the front?
Yea. No cars in front of my car. Space for 3 cars in front of mine. He still manages to bump my car. Couldn't believe it. I tested the plate if it still works but didn't notice the indentation until later.

Originally Posted by balbs
Looks like the round "nipples" on the back of the plate mount are slamming hard on the bumper causing an indentation.
The device doesn't have enough force to create that. I also put the foam pad on the nipple. The indentation was caused by someone backing into my car.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver BMW 530iA, Sport & Premium Package, Active Steering, Anti-Roll-Suspension, Adaptive Headlight, Navigation, OEM M-Tech Kit, Authentic RD Trunk Spoiler, VIP Modular Wheels: 245/35/20; 275/30/20, OEM M Trunk Finisher.

Hey DK,

I installed mine today and the motor moves so f@#king slow! I fell asleep waiting for the plate to move to where it should...

I stripped the red wire, wrapped it around the bolt and screwed it back onto the positive post under the hood. And when I pressed the negative wire against the "ground post" and tested it to see if I can get a better connection, it still moved very slow (half the speed of what shows on your video!). Is that the reason why you connected the ground wire "under" the headlight???

Also, is your frame (the one holding the license plate) sticking out about 2 mm from the bumper?

Thank you in advance,

Daniel
Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Remove a kidney grill and the driverside headlight.
Cut the grill for the license plate and drill 2 holes
Drill a hole in the bumper support. Bend the metal strip and attach one end to the back end of the bracket and the other to the bumper support.
Connect the wires and you're done.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver BMW 530iA, Sport & Premium Package, Active Steering, Anti-Roll-Suspension, Adaptive Headlight, Navigation, OEM M-Tech Kit, Authentic RD Trunk Spoiler, VIP Modular Wheels: 245/35/20; 275/30/20, OEM M Trunk Finisher.

Okay, problem solved! All it needed was a little grease to lubricate the round metal bar.

Originally Posted by BIM530I
Hey DK,

I installed mine today and the motor moves so f@#king slow! I fell asleep waiting for the plate to move to where it should...

I stripped the red wire, wrapped it around the bolt and screwed it back onto the positive post under the hood. And when I pressed the negative wire against the "ground post" and tested it to see if I can get a better connection, it still moved very slow (half the speed of what shows on your video!). Is that the reason why you connected the ground wire "under" the headlight???

Also, is your frame (the one holding the license plate) sticking out about 2 mm from the bumper?

Thank you in advance,

Daniel
Old 11-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BIM530I
Hey DK,

Thank you in advance,

Daniel
Try changing the battery on the remote. Mine started moving slowly. I had to help it go in and out. I used the other remote from the kit and it worked perfectly.

I connected to the ground under the headlight because John (Motorcepts) said to put it there. Another member had his installed from another shop. He went to Motorcepts to fix it. Once John took the ground wire off and put it under the headlight, it worked.

The frame is sticking out of the bumper about 2mm.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i blk/blk' , black grills, v2 angel eyes 20 inch Beyern Mesh staggered black, H&R springs AFE stage 1 intake Sprintbooster V2 Meisterschaft Pro SuS exhaust

I want one. Does anyone do this install in LA? I havent had a front plate for a year!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Members

I have a manual one for sale. Anyone interested? $30-shipped???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/C6-Z06-ZR1-C...item27bccc999e

By the way, thanks for your help, DK!
Originally Posted by HollywoodE60
I want one. Does anyone do this install in LA? I havent had a front plate for a year!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i M54 2005 Alpine White Sport/Cold/Premiun Sound/Active Steering Navigation/PDC/sport seats/6 CD Changer

This is Sick!!

DK...Do you know what he use for coding? NCSExpert?? I can prolly do this myself if I can get the kit