E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

rer spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,,

Do you guys recommend getting a rear spoiler.. my dealer will cover the cost. has anyone seen one on it? thanks
Old 04-21-2004, 10:44 PM
Senior Members

nearly went there myself but after hours of councilling on this forum i finally saw the light!

defo doesn't suit the character of the car IMO

jonboy
Attached Thumbnails rer spoiler-bmw01.jpg  
Old 04-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Contributors

Question

Why not go the whole way and get chrome wheelarches, 90% tints and a 5 kilowatt sub in the trunk!!

In my opinion, the spoiler is only slightly worse than those lights and they are pretty lame.....if you want a toyotalexus, buy one

just my $0.02 worth

Old 04-22-2004, 01:18 AM
JWO
Members

Angry

Rear Spoiler - YUK! (IMO)

Maybe you can ask the dealer to give you something else since they were going to cover the cost of the spoiler.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:33 AM

I personally like the spoiler, it adds a touch of sportyness to the car in my opinion. Forget what other people think and go with your likes. You will never ever make all of the people happy, so concentrate on yourself then others. It's funny how many people are so insecure about the way there car might look like if you mod this or that.
PS: For those that think the car will look like a Asian car with the spoiler, what are your thoughts about the comment made about the new E60 design? (which pretty much indicate\say the car looks like an Asian car and lost it's roots)

The point is, things look different from where you are standing. It's more like or comparable to fashion. So many variables come in to play (age, sex, culture, location...etc).

Good luck with what ever you dicide.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Senior Members

looks like an asian car - never heard that before - which particular asian car have you in mind. I've heard the Merc E class described as an expensive hyundai - are you getting confused?

you are right about following your own way BUT remember that for the 5 series market a spoiler might put off potential buyers.

jonboy
Old 04-22-2004, 09:55 AM
Members

If you check around on some other boards (bmw-forum.com) the new 5 (and 7) are seriously considered a piece of overdesigned junk. It looks like a Buick, etc. and many other negative comments have been given. They hate the trunk and rear light design among other things. This is mostly from the 3 and earlier 5 series owners.

If you want to mod your car, that's your choice. You should seriously consider whether you might continue to like it in the long term but other than that there is no gold standard for auto design. If you like it, do it. It's your money, time and more importantly, when you wake up in the morning, it's your car.

Good luck and have fun with your new ride.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

I completely disagree. I like the spoiler a lot. It's not an "over the top" "Wing" and does not give it an Asian look. Just my opinion though.

Looks fairly subtle to me. I am thinking about getting it. You can get it at Circle BMW on sale (like their other products are on sale).
Old 04-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Members

can you give me the link to the site? tks
Old 04-22-2004, 10:31 AM
Contributors

I say go for it. I like the design myself and have already ordered one for my car to be installed when it is delivered.

Quick Reply: rer spoiler