E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Replaced wood trim for brushed aluminum

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gosh $1400 is nuts. For the money, I'd much rather get a front bumper or an exhaust. The poplar wood is looking better already.

BTW, have you seen the ACS interior trim. It's has an aluminum look with a carbon fiber type of design. I believe it goes for about the same price.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

wow. good amount of ca$h.

more power to you!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Contributors

Yes, expensive. Roughly half was dealer labor. As the driver, I have to look at it all the time. The wood on grey was not what I wanted and I was constantly reminded of how poor it looks. The horizontal trim line now stands out and MAKES the lines in the dash work. The black surfaces and wood trim had too little contrast.
I don't see the bumper while I drive. Besides, aftermakets aren't different enough to matter. Only other BMW owners would notice.
I want to be happy as the driver of the car and not interested in what other people think of its looks outside. My wife's Honda Accord body looks amost the same for example. Angel Eyes are nice as are aggresive headlights. Low body and wide tires make a statement too.
I thought about exhaust but I have 530, so it won't sound so good except at high rpm.
The trim parts are expensive. The door pull exchange required work with air bags and unscrewing from the inside...not for me, DIY. I could have left the door handles wood and just done the dash and console, saved a lot of money too, but then it would be imperfect. Those parts I could do myself.
When I ordered the car, the door pulls were Rhodium finish like the door lock release and shifter, so I tolerated the wood trim I was forced to have. Planned to change it out right away. Then car was delivered covered in brown wood.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black/Black, Premium/Sport, Navigation 2005 545I Silver/Black, Premium/Sport, Logic 7, Navigation

Pretty expensive. You should have purchase the basic E60, it came with the silver finish.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

$1400 is really expensive.. and you mention that half of it was labour price. I don't see changing the trims take 4-6 hours to do ! Pay me that sum of money and i'll do a great job for you too...
Old 03-08-2005, 07:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by sg530' date='Mar 8 2005, 02:18 AM
Yes, expensive. Roughly half was dealer labor.? As the driver, I have to look at it all the time. The wood on grey was not what I wanted and I was constantly reminded of how poor it looks. The horizontal trim line now stands out and MAKES the lines in the dash work.? The black surfaces and wood trim had too little contrast.
I don't see the bumper while I drive.? Besides, aftermakets aren't different enough to matter. Only other BMW owners would notice.?
I want to be happy as the driver of the car and not interested in what other people think of its looks outside.? My wife's Honda Accord body looks amost the same for example. Angel Eyes are nice as are aggresive headlights. Low body and wide tires make a statement too.?
I thought about exhaust but I have 530, so it won't sound so good except at high rpm.??
The trim parts are expensive. The door pull exchange required work with air bags and unscrewing from the inside...not for me, DIY.? I could have left the door handles wood and just done the dash and console, saved a lot of money too, but then it would be imperfect.? Those parts I could do myself.?
When I ordered the car, the door pulls were Rhodium finish like the door lock release and shifter, so I tolerated the wood trim I was forced to have. Planned to change it out right away.? Then car was delivered covered in brown wood.?
[snapback]98480[/snapback]

================================================== ===
I am with staying with only BMW OEM Parts, and not no fake-Replica parts for our fine Bimmer's!

I just made the mistake buying some BMW Replica Wheels trying to save some $$$, even though they do look great, they are NOT BMW OEM's! Your right only a BMW Owner would notice such a thing..and I did....so I am sticking with BMW OEM, here on out! There is no room for compromise with our Chris Bangle design e60 BMWs

Presley348
Old 03-08-2005, 10:38 PM

Looks really nice. It reminds me of the M5 interior.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Mar 9 2005, 02:38 AM
Looks really nice.? It reminds me of the M5 interior.
[snapback]98988[/snapback]
It's totally different.. M5 has silver carbon fibre interior.. (right?)
Old 05-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Contributors

It's same trim type as M5. Not silver carbon fiber.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 - 545 - tit silver/grey/sport/premsound/nav/cold weather pkg/ hardwire valetine/clear bra/4700k fog bulbs - acs fron and rear spoiler, r10's radenergies with michelin ps2 - 275/30 - 275/35 - aux audio, v 18.xx

do you hav ethe part #'s that where ordered?

Quick Reply: Replaced wood trim for brushed aluminum