E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Remus Quad Exhaust for 2006 530i

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 02:16 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i
Default Remus Quad Exhaust for 2006 530i

Hey guys,

Can someone please confirm whether this is the right quad exhaust for my 2006 BMW 530i?

I am installing the M5 rear bumper and need quad exhaust to complete the set up.

Sorry to disappoint some of you guys, but I prefer to keep the my car as quiet as possible. It's my daily commute car.

I have a attached the link as the point of reference for part #RM086003 1984G for the exhaust.
BMW Parts and BMW Accessories | Bavarian Autosport

From the website, it appears to have two pipes that goes to the muffler. What's up with that? Can it even fit?

Based on what I want, are there better options for me?

They are closed today. I'd like your feed back before I give them a call tomorrow. :-)

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and help!
Attached Thumbnails Remus Quad Exhaust for 2006 530i-remus-quad-exhaust-2006-bmw-530i.jpg  

Last edited by E60I; 11-15-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

if you just want a quiet exhaust with the quad look, you don't have to spend the outrageous price for remus just to get the look. any good exhaust shop can add an additional pipe to the passenger side and nice tips.....whalla...done and inexpensive way to go.

save your money for other mods
Old 11-15-2015, 09:06 PM
Members
Senior Members

Thanks for making it sound so simple, Boost7!

I already suggested that idea to my body shop and the guy acted like it could not be done. After the M5 bumper is installed and painted, I will take my car to "the muffler" shop for a second opinion. I can't see how it can not be done if they have the right parts and equipment...

Originally Posted by Boost7
if you just want a quiet exhaust with the quad look, you don't have to spend the outrageous price for remus just to get the look. any good exhaust shop can add an additional pipe to the passenger side and nice tips.....whalla...done and inexpensive way to go.

save your money for other mods
Old 11-16-2015, 02:41 PM
Members
Senior Members

The bodyshop guy might be thinking of the car as a whole and how it came from the factory. So he might see the cover under the car by the battery tray and said "NO". That tray can be remove then an exhaust pipe can run through there. Yes, go to a good muffler shop, the one's the do custom hot rod stuff. Don't go to midas or mieneke shops, those places can't weld.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Members
Senior Members

Deleted duplicated post.

Last edited by E60I; 11-19-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:44 AM
Members
Senior Members

It looks like I am "stuck" with the Umnitza quad exhaust! I asked Matt (sales guy) to cancel my order on Saturday after he sent me an email on Friday (11/13/15), "stating that it cannot be shipped out until the following Monday". That Sunday, he replied to my email and stated that it cannot be cancelled because it was already processed. If I return it, I would have to pay over $100 for shipping and restocking fee.

Since the body shop ordered it for me, he said I am not his customer and it's up to the shop to to do what they want. I asked him at least twice to provide me the tracking number for the shipment. Both times, he failed to provide it. When I said if he does not provide the tracking number I requested, I will report him to his boss. In response, he literally replied via email, stating that it is scheduled to be delivered to the shop on Wednesday. Up until now, I don't even know if the shop received it.

Anyways, I don't want to deal with him anymore and just wanted to remedy with what I am stuck with.

The Umnitza quad exhaust comes with straight edged tips. I don't really like it (the reason I want to cancel the order) because I think they look weak and ugly. I can't seem to find any "round edged" sleeves to make it look nicer. If I chop off the tips that they come with, it will cost me a least another $120 for new tips plus labor (another reason why I wanted to cancel the order!).

The tips that it comes with is 3.5". Without having to chop off what the exhaust comes with, can anyone suggest something that you think will make the tips look nicer?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Daniel

PS: I am not really a push over. I prefer to be nice when someone provides work on my cars, food or heart surgery. I don't want them to do me wrong if I piss them off! For my car repair situation, I will leave them alone and give them a chance to shine. Matt obviously gave me a good reason to NOT do business with him again.

I also bought the M5 rear bumper from him at the same time, and the shop is currently working on painting and installing it. Matt said it comes with the battery cover and it must be installed to keep the bottom, center trim straight. I will provide my feedbacks about this; after everything is done.

Last edited by E60I; 11-19-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Members
Senior Members

The battery tray cover is needed, but has nothing to do with your exhaust set up on a 530. On the M5 the battery sits where the spare tire is at, so it's call a battery tray cover. On your 530, the battery sits on the far passenger side. So it's a different item we are talking about here.

now notice the far right tray that I removed in this picture below
Old 11-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Members
Senior Members

Old 11-19-2015, 03:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

From the picture, those tips look perfect on your car!!!

Are those rounded tips or straight edge? The thickness of the metal could make a big impact on how they looks also.

Is your bumper OEM or after market? The back of your car looks really good!

As for the battery tray for Umnitza bumper, I was told by the sales guy that it is required to keep the bottom, center trim straight. Will that be enough to make it straight?

If the right cover is removed in order to install the right exhaust pipe, is that going cause problem in the long run for the battery and electrical fuse box if the car keeps hitting big puddles of water on heavy raining days?

Last question, did you ever install the honey comb mesh for the rear bumper? What is your opinion about that? If you like it, can you recommend a website you had good experience with? :-)

Thanks,

Daniel

Last edited by E60I; 11-21-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

Thanks Daniel -

The tips are 3.5 staggered double wall from Nameless Performance, very nice solid tips.

My bumper is from Umnitza and I have the center tray installed, or battery tray as you call it. Yes, it will keep it straight just like mine. The bumper fits very well, my bodyshop didn't have to do much except prep, paint, install. When you first get your bumper, you'll notice a bend or hump in the bottom center, but after a week or so installed on the car, it'll straighten out.

I also covered the battery box and spare tire area with self adhesive thermo wrap and haven't had any issues at all. Plus California hasn't had too much rain in the past, so I don't know, unless we get more rain this coming season.

Yea, the honeycomb mesh makes it look better, I just haven't gotten around to it, since I have a new born baby. You would want something like this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/321432238437?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITDon't buy those metal wire chicken coop mesh, they look ugly as hell, unless you want to house your pet birds.

Last edited by Boost7; 11-19-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Remus Quad Exhaust for 2006 530i